Cell phone question- not TRAINZ related

JimDep

I wonder if someone could help me out. I have a LG cell phone " Tribute_Empire" Android system cell phone..about a year old. I am cell phone illiterate.
I accidentally deleted a phone contact that I need badly. Does anyone know if that can be recovered ? I looked on line and all I found were companies I'm not familiar with, trying to sucker me into buying expensive software just to recover one contact.
Any help / suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jim

There are about three different contact systems on an android cell phone. One is Googles.

The really dumb way would be check your phone calls. If you know when you called last then it might be there.

Cheerio John

Thanks John,
I wish i had a record of the phone number in my call logs, but I don't. I'll check Googles and see if I can find one that's legit. What I've seen do far are recovery download software that has so-called free trials........but if you want to see what you're looking for, you have to buy the software for around $50 ! ...which I don't have in my limited budget for.

Thank you so much ! I'll look into it. I just got onto the Google playstore app and it was running me into a bunch of dead ends just like when I was searching on my PC.........they look free........download the software.......it does a scan and then BAM ! Fifty bucks or so to see the results. I'm not that desperate......YET !
But thanks, I'll look into this.

Hi Malc,
I downloaded the min tool.....but after loading it on the PC and clicking it, part of the process says I need to do a " deep rooting " of the phone and here's where it gets complicated....for me anyway. The "deep rooting" gives a warning that it's possible that my current phone data could be damaged during this process. ...and to back up all info on Google ( which I don't have set up for doing backups). This feels like I'm getting in over my head. the process is a lot more involved than I hoped for.
Do you know anything about this software or have used it for finding a deleted contact or something similar ? Thanks.

Afraid not for phones, I tend to avoid my Cell phone as much as possible! I keep phone numbers in a book and tend to use the land line 99% of the time. Backing up data though would apply equally to a PC if attempting a recovery.
I presume they mean backup to Google drive although I would have thought you could backup to a PC?

As a thought has this contact got an email address?

Found the instructions for backing up, you can also backup to your PC it's down the bottom of the page. https://www.androidauthority.com/backup-android-phone-708622/

Last edited:
Hi Malc,

Again, I really appreciate your attention to this. I wish I didn't have rely on a cell phone. I'd much rather have a land line system like the old days and I'd be even more fine with a rotary dial phone. I don't use the blasted cell phone for anything else, other than making and receiving calls. In years past, I would have written the number down instead of trusting the phone to store it. Still.....it was my fault for deleting it. The person i'm trying to reach does not have internet.
Good news is that I just found out I've got a relative assisting that should be able to get the lost phone number for me. That'll save me 50 bucks !

JimDep, if you go to your phone app, does it not have an option there to list recent calls? Also, if you have texted or emailed (or received from) that person, you may find a record in those apps.

Hi Forester,
The phone does list recent calls, but I never made a call to that number or have received one.. I only stored the number in my contacts and accidentally deleted it when looking for it to use. I've never texted or sent an email to the person at that number. The person does not have internet or email.
Thanks for the suggestions though.

Have you looked at skype and using a headphone set. You don't need to use video. I think Google has something similar to call phones in the US and I seem to recall the phone calls are free.

Cheerio John

Back