Beta Testers for upcoming route Wanted!

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I am in need of beta testers for a route I am making that will be available on The Erecting Hall when it is done. It is an update of Dermmy's EK3 ST to TRS19 standards. I have replaced the profig trees with rmm trees, which give better framerates than N3V's Speedtrees, procedural turnouts, replaced most of the content labed 'Modified' with content found on the DLS, replaced the 'billboard' and outdated people with 3D people, replaced the Australian vehicles with vehicles you find in America, and finally replaced the groundtextures with PBR groundtextures. I am looking for people who have Regional Editions of Trainz 2019 because I have the Standard Edition of Trainz 2019 so that I know what dependencies I need to change out to make it compatible with Regional Edition owners. I will say that you need to download the CSX MOW and White MOW vehicles on RRMODS and install them as they are dependencies for this route, which can be found here: http://www.rrmods.us/product-category/freeware/buildings/. If you are interested, PM me.

Last edited:
Well you did work already done by me in Tane! You could have saved yourself a lot of effort if you'd worked from EK4! I replaced the track, I replaced most of the trees, I replace some NZ houses with American and made a USA 1950s region/traffic file. If you'd used <kuid:850934:102400> East Kentucky 4 v1.0 as a base, you'd find missing bridges added, roads updated and saved yourself a lot of work bringing it into TRS19.

Right now I'm in the middle of stringing powerlines along the roads. I'm also in the process of replacing those billboard animal herds with 3D animated animal herds.

I'd suggest you don't go overboard with the animated animals, could use up an excessive amount of resources. Don't remember billboard animals, can't check right now but I may have replaced those too.

Okay, I've made room in my inbox for PM's so I can receive PM's for those who want to beta test the route. Just an FYI I'm still working on stringing power lines across the route.

Just to let everyone know, here's what's holding up the Beta release:
Stringing power lines along the roads
Replacing the billboard herds of animals with 3D animals
Replacing Auran's 'People' series of content on the route with more high-quality content
Removing and replacing the non-PBR ground textures with PBR ground textures from the dependencies list
Replacing the Australian and American 1950s-1970s vehicles with persent-day American vehicles

Okay, I've got most of the power lines down. I've still got power lines on roads surrounding the Carrs Fork Branch, the branch to East Kentucky Power, and the mainline from Hazard to the West Portals. I've got all the sheep herds replaced, I've still got to do the cow herds still. Everything else listed in my last post still needs to be done.

Are you adding portals to where the main lines continue off the map like I did? They come in very handy for adding traffic to add to the realism and not leave the player feeling lonely lol.

Are you adding portals to where the main lines continue off the map like I did? They come in very handy for adding traffic to add to the realism and not leave the player feeling lonely lol.

My version of EK3 already had portals on it. I've already completed removing the billboard herd animals, still working on the power poles and everything else I listed in post #13.

Update

Power lines on the roads around the Cars Fork Branch: Completed
Power lines around the East Kentucky Power Plant Branch: Completed
Power lines from Hazard to the western end of the line: Not Completed
'Billboard' animal herds replaced by 3D animated animals: Completed
Replacing all the vehicles with those from the present day: Not completed
Replacing the built-in Auran 'People' series of content with more realistic people content: Not completed
Removing the non-PBR ground dependencies from the dependencies list: Not completed

If you didn't have portals where the main line left the map on any version of EK, you were missing content....

:)

I started with EK 3 V1.1 (Build 3.3). I believe it didn't have portals hence why I added them in and there were textures missing as well which either weren't listed in CM as missing or weren't on the DLS, another reason I updated it. I also replaced most of the conifers as that area has no conifers on the hillsides now, but may have done so 300 years ago. Adding the seasonal trees makes it look pretty nice in autumn. Either way, it's an enjoyable route for which I've made at least 6 sessions.

I started with EK 3 V1.1 (Build 3.3). I believe it didn't have portals hence why I added them in and there were textures missing as well which either weren't listed in CM as missing or weren't on the DLS, another reason I updated it. I also replaced most of the conifers as that area has no conifers on the hillsides now, but may have done so 300 years ago. Adding the seasonal trees makes it look pretty nice in autumn. Either way, it's an enjoyable route for which I've made at least 6 sessions.

Wandering off topic, and my last word on the subject, but this screenie taken this morning from the EK3 v1.1 release version, entry and exit portals at each end of the main...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

and one of the things we prided ourselves on with every checkrail route was that if everything was downloaded as per instructions there was zero missing content. None.

Apologies to Jordon for the hijack ;)

Last edited:
Back