Beta Testers for upcoming route Wanted!

Wandering off topic, and my last word on the subject, but this screenie taken this morning from the EK3 v1.1 release version, entry and exit portals at each end of the main...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

and one of the things we prided ourselves on with every checkrail route was that if everything was downloaded as per instructions there was zero missing content. None.

Apologies to Jordon for the hijack ;)

Mine is EK3 ST which is the Speedtree version using Pofig's trees. I replaced them with rmm's trees because they had better framerates then the N3V trees. These trees are NOT seasonal.

Well I can only tell you what I found. As I vaguely recall it wasn't on the DLS (?) and I don't recall where it came from, that was several years ago. Also that screen shot isn't in Tane, so I can only assume it's TRS12, which I've never had.

Last edited:
Update

Power lines on the roads around the Cars Fork Branch: Completed
Power lines around the East Kentucky Power Plant Branch: Completed
Power lines from Hazard to the western end of the line: Not Completed
'Billboard' animal herds replaced by 3D animated animals: Completed
Replacing all the vehicles with those from the present day: Completed
Replacing the built-in Auran 'People' series of content with more realistic people content: Not completed
Removing the non-PBR ground dependencies from the dependencies list: Not completed

Update

Power lines on the roads around the Cars Fork Branch: Completed
Power lines around the East Kentucky Power Plant Branch: Completed
Power lines from Hazard to the western end of the line: Completed
'Billboard' animal herds replaced by 3D animated animals: Completed
Replacing all the vehicles with those from the present day: Completed
Replacing the built-in Auran 'People' series of content with more realistic people content: Completed
Removing the non-PBR ground dependencies from the dependencies list: Not completed

While removing the Non-PBR ground textures, I noticed that some streams were represented by just ground textures, so I decided to rectify that by replacing those ground textures with TUME's river assets on the DLS, and lowering the height of them by 2 meters. That's going to take some time to fix this problem, but I'm getting it done pretty easily. I'm also considering replacing the AASHTO PavementMarking Stop and AJS Traffic (Solid Line), which is used as a stop line at railroad crossings, with Felix_g's series of road markings.

Release for Beta being pushed back

While working on removing non-PBR ground textures, I discovered that none of the curves on the route are superelevated. This is a huge red flag as I always superelevate the curves on my railroads in Trainz, so now I've got to superelevate every curve on the mainline and the branchlines. This'll delay the release for beta until I get this problem done.

Considering making EK4 ST TRS19 after releasing EK3 ST TRS19

What will be the difference between EK3 and EK4? The difference is:
Replacing the double-track mainline with single-track mainline with sidings as appropriate
Removing some of the branchlines
turning the 2-lane road that runs between Hazard and Jeff into a 4-lane road

May I suggest you don't reuse EK4 given I have already done so and it's a Tane Version. You will confuse the issue!

Update

I've been a little quiet because I've been playing around with another route I have which is based on the Bernina Express' route, so I've decided to put a hold on that route and get back to EK3 ST TRS19 and continue work on it. Here's what's left to be done:
Replacing road markings with felix_g's road markings: not completed
Removing Non-PBR dependencies from the route: not completed
Superelevating the curves: not completed

Update

I've decided to go ahead and give the route a little bit of an update to the present day. In Google Earth, when you look at Hazard, Kentucky, you see that the 4-lane highway is very developed, while on EK3, it isn't. I decided to develop this section of the 4-lane highway also, to bring it in line with the present day.

Well if you bring it up to present day standards, it'll be single track and missing most if not all coal mines, and many branch lines. So, they'll be nothing to do and very unplayable IMHO. Remember the power plant is fiction, so what is anyone going to do on the route?

Well if you bring it up to present day standards, it'll be single track and missing most if not all coal mines, and many branch lines. So, they'll be nothing to do and very unplayable IMHO. Remember the power plant is fiction, so what is anyone going to do on the route?

I'm thinking more like doing two versions: One is this version, which is just like EK3 ST but updated to TRS19 standards and has the addition of the buildings on the 4-lane highway in Hazard, and other changes, such as replacing a few bridges; The other will be a more extensive overhaul, dubbed EK5 ST TRS19, which has the line single-track with passing sidings, some of the branchlines removed, the power plant removed, the mall in Hazard and the buildings surrounding the mall added, and other updates. They'll have separate KUIDs, so EK5 won't obsolete EK3 when I release it.

On second thought, if I do EK5, I won't remove the power plant, because there would be nowhere for the coal from the coal mines to go.

Update

Hey y'all, just a quick update:
I needed a break from EK3 TRS19 so I downloaded Detroit Connecting from the DLS and update it to TRS19. It's one of my favorite routes included in TS2010. I've updated the ground textures to PBR ground textures, replaced the track with procedural track, replaced the roads with YARNish roads, replaced the BNSF50 crossings with TRC crossings, and also replaced the 'Switchstand NS' with 'New Century M51A' series of switchstands. I've also added my 412_BI3_Template to the places that the industries are on the railroad, and one more on the siding named 'Team Track', which was used as the interchange siding in the session. I've also replaced the lo-poly vehicles placed around the route with more high-quality ones, mostly by lotharhake, but also some by davesnow, btvfd, vulcan, and dinorius_redundicus. I've also replaced all the billboard trees with rmm's speedtrees, including the
billboard splines.

Update

Well, I've run into a bit of a problem and hopefully davesnow will be able to help me out, even though he's no longer making content. There's a CVS pharmacy on the DLS, which is a reskin of davesnow's Walgreens pharmacy on the DLS, but both the original and the reskin has a level parking lot, and that won't work with the uneven terrain I'm working with. The change in elevation in the area that the parking lot takes up is too much for me to simply hide it underneath the ground, and there's no modern pharmacies on the DLS without the parking lot. I've sent davesnow a PM asking if he can make a version without the parking lot for me so that this project can continue.

jjeff1955 has been updating a lot of Dave Snow's assets, so if you don't have any luck with Dave, you might try him.

Update

I know this thread has been pretty quiet lately, but I want to give a bit of an update of the route. I lost the route, and all the work I had done on it, when my external hard drive failed. I've spent the last two months installing content onto a new external hard drive, and I'm still not done installing content. I haven't gotten around to getting back to work on it, but I plan on getting back to work on it in the near future.

You should be aware Dave Snow has loudly said DO NOT PM OR CONTACT HIM regarding Trainz. He posted a number of times on the forums as he was annoyed at being pestered, just so you know. Forester1 suggestion is your best bet.

Back