Asset not working

llebrez

This is a quick one: Fruit & Produce market kuid 2:403099:100133:4 Available for download under version 4.6, uploaded to DLS a few months ago. It shows no missing dependencies nor errors, and appears to have everything included in CM. When I install it in my route, shows the building. That is all. No loading track nor commodities, and in the properties it does not show it to be an industry. If this is a faulty asset, how come it is available for download? Or I am doing something wrong...? :'(

llebrez - That's the Hinton Fruit & Produce Market by gawpo50 - a DLS update of the built-in (to the) 'C&O Hinton Division' package that comes with Platinum (or the T:ANE-Dlx) builds.
From recall, this asset is based on using a Multiple Industry New component to give it full interactive functionality. (i.e. <kuid:-25:1356> Multiple Industry New, or better still, <kuid2:647907:100648:2> CDE Multiple_Industry_New ).
You could do the same...

gawpo50 is an active creator, why not write to him(?) directly and describe the problem? He may not be aware of it and be grateful that somebody alerted him to it. If it really is a problem, there is a good chance he will fix and update the asset.

llebrez - That's the Hinton Fruit & Produce Market by gawpo50 - a DLS update of the built-in (to the) 'C&O Hinton Division' package that comes with Platinum (or the T:ANE-Dlx) builds.
From recall, this asset is based on using a Multiple Industry New component to give it full interactive functionality. (i.e. <kuid:-25:1356> Multiple Industry New, or better still, <kuid2:647907:100648:2> CDE Multiple_Industry_New ).
You could do the same...
I am aware that this asset is a built-in one. I have it and it does not work. So, I did an asset version check and there is a newer version available. On the original one You can see a loading track and pallet bins with fruit. Version 2.9, but does not load or unload anything; some time ago someone said this asset was faulty, so I used a M.I.N. track to simulate the operation. But now the new version, 4.6 is worst than before as there is no track or bins. Obviously the only solution is to contact gawpo and see what happens. Will report later when things clear.. Thank you all for digging into it.

If you look in the config.txt you can see if it is or is not setup to load/unload.

If you look at config.txt for <kuid2:453099:100133:2> Fruit & Produce Market, which is payware, it has all the functionality in it. The config.txt <kuid2:453099:100133:4> Fruit & Produce Market, the functionality was removed, and some sort of license was added.

To me it looks intentional by the creator. The newer one should have been made as a new kuid and used a different category-class and kind.

This is how its currently classified;

kind "industry"
category-class "BIN"

This asset is misclassified now, and is really this;

kind "scenery"
category-class "BH"

It seems odd that you have something that is classified as one thing and now is something else. Like having a functioning loco, then you get an update, and now its a dummy with no engine.

Back