Big Boy Steam Schedule 2021!

I just got word that UP's Big Boy will be headed out on a new trip. What's more, its heading to the Ft. Worth area, near where I live. So if you live along the line, get your camera equipment ready, the Big Boy is rolling again!

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm

Post your Big Boy shots from this year's tour here! Good luck!

4014 left Cheyenne 8AM MST today, August 5th, 2021. I'll be meeting her in New Orleans on Saturday, August 21st, 2021.

And here we see her leaving the Cheyenne shops this morning with SD70M 4015 behind her Aux tenders.

I live in Houston, and I hear its coming here as well (the 16th and 17th)! It will be the first time I've actually seen a steam locomotive! Will definitely share videos and screenshots here.:D

Last edited:
Planning on seeing her at Ft. Worth, TX when she's on display, can't catch it on the move though. I'll take some videos and such, and make a day out of Ft. Worth as Tower 55 is nearby, and so are the TRE and TexRail tracks. Maybe visit the VRF cam there as well. If only they paired SD70M 4014 with the Big Boy.

Big Boy 4014 passes by Virtual Railfan webcam as it heads East!

On August 8th, 2021, Big Boy 4014 passed by the Kearney, Nebraska webcam at 11:34AM Central Daylight Time (CDT).

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks for posting. If I can't see it in real life, I sure appreciate you folks posting videos. Looks great at full screen! Looking forward to more!

COVID in the house causes Cancellation of New Orleans trip

Well, my mom has COVID, and since me and my dad are leaving for New Orleans in about a week, we are now contemplating us instead going to see the Big Boy in St. Louis instead, 8 days later, giving us 2 weeks to quarantine.

Well, my mom has COVID, and since me and my dad are leaving for New Orleans in about a week, we are now contemplating us instead going to see the Big Boy in St. Louis instead, 8 days later, giving us 2 weeks to quarantine.

Oh no! Hope your mom gets better!

Also, the big boy has arrived in Ft. Worth now, gonna see it later today.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image size is small for some reason.

328-1.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the video and the pics! Looks like it dropped the hopper cars and picked up a passenger consist! Would that I could "Experience the Union Pacific" on that!

Going to see the Big Boy this Friday in Poplar Buff MO this Friday and Saturday. Its overnighting in Poplar Bluff.

When I was a kid I remember The B&O mallets running through my town, 3 or 4 a day during the 40's. Quite a site.

Back