Theory: Winter in the Alps assets are reskinned from Outback Australia

griffinjim

Trainz "Veteran"
Hello.
I've been reskinning the snow-covered assets from UTC and started to notice that many of the assets were complete reskins of the Australian assets. The platform textures are the same, for the Tside Freight Depot the "hut" on the platform has correlations with the Aussie signal boxes, and for Tside Station Rural, the building is a reskin of the Australian station. Even more evidence of this is in the texture names, such as the roof texture called "redroof.texture"
Has anyone else noticed this?
Also, another thing about the rural station, it was originally going to be called "Trisen", seen in "sign.texture". It seems to be in the same style of the station names on the St Anton asset. Maybe the Euro platforms and St Anton were planned for the original release of UTC? It would explain how there are tons of the Rural stations dotted around the route.

Probably the result of Auran being a very small outfit back then, so re-skinning was a cheap and quick way to make it look like there were more assets in the pack.

Makes sense. Then you have the changed concrete tunnel and the stone bridges, ripped from Outback Australia and British Midlands.
Maybe when I make snowless versions of The Black Forrest and Winter in the Alps i could make a snowed-over version of Outback Australia lol
Edit: I also found near the Lumber Camp you can see the texture "oz sandgrass" on the map. Also, the power lines are a simple reskin of the UK power lines.

Last edited:
Back