.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The Elusive ET44AC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    438
     

    Question The Elusive ET44AC

    Hello all.

    I have recently come across a category in YouTube called "Trainz Content Showcases," in which users show off personal creations, whether it be reskins, models or other stuff. I've begun to see many ET44AC's pop up in such videos, and they DEFINITELY not anything that looks familiar. So may I ask, who made these, and are they for purchase, download or just simply private? I've seen a lot of users who have these, so there must be some kind of place to get them or a person to ask. Thank you for the help!

    Here's an example:


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, California
    Posts
    3,318
     

    Default

    I assume that these models are kit bashed from other models so probably are not available anywhere.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sweetwater, TN, USA
    Posts
    5,550
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    These are awful kitbashes; all of the performance hit of a craftsman high detailed model with out-of-proportion and incorrect meshes poorly put together. In a sense, I commend the motivation and time of the original kitbasher but these hardly look any good and are a resource hog.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    438
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norfolksouthern37 View Post
    These are awful kitbashes; all of the performance hit of a craftsman high detailed model with out-of-proportion and incorrect meshes poorly put together. In a sense, I commend the motivation and time of the original kitbasher but these hardly look any good and are a resource hog.
    Since you are a renowned and experienced modeller for the highly praised site called JointedRail, I'll take your word for it. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,914
    Blog Entries
    4
     

    Default

    They're kitbashes that are being passed around. Same with some NS AC44C6M models that turn up in screenshots from time to time.

    Looks like the particular one in the original post had the rear of DaveSnow's ET44AC model stuck on JR's ES44AC model.

    Matt
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, 3.7GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 GPU, 8GB GDDR5
    16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
    1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD + 4TB HDD


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sweetwater, TN, USA
    Posts
    5,550
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epa View Post
    They're kitbashes that are being passed around. Same with some NS AC44C6M models that turn up in screenshots from time to time.

    Looks like the particular one in the original post had the rear of DaveSnow's ET44AC model stuck on JR's ES44AC model.

    Matt
    It is usually something like this or some combination of available parts. The idea is interesting, but the problem comes from loading 2 or 3 locomotive models just to blank parts of them out and load as one. This means they have a heavy performance footprint but let's be honest, they don't look all that great anyway.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, IL, Peoria
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    I got mine! And it looks spectacular, if I do say so myself. *pat* *pat*

    From scratch in Blender using Scale Trains 5 view "plans" and countless real life images for reference.
    Last edited by crazytrain; August 1st, 2021 at 10:01 PM.
    Toujours Prêt!

  8. #8

    Default

    any chance on releasing that crazytrain.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    352
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwwaterz View Post
    any chance on releasing that crazytrain.
    If it's using a JR locomotive as a base? Not gonna happen.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, IL, Peoria
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STLSF4003 View Post
    If it's using a JR locomotive as a base? Not gonna happen.
    Read my post again and tell me where it says anything about Jointed Rail.

    It's a private model, built completely by me, private, and will most likely stay that way.
    Toujours Prêt!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    438
     

    Default

    Looks pretty good, actually.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sweetwater, TN, USA
    Posts
    5,550
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytrain View Post
    I got mine! And it looks spectacular, if I do say so myself. *pat* *pat*

    From scratch in Blender using Scale Trains 5 view "plans" and countless real life images for reference.
    Now this I can get behind. Not made from an unholy combination of old payware models and non matching parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytrain
    Read my post again and tell me where it says anything about Jointed Rail.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytrain

    It's a private model, built completely by me, private, and will most likely stay that way.
    Can completely understand that as well. For whatever reason they cause an uproar in the community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •