The Elusive ET44AC

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hello all.

I have recently come across a category in YouTube called "Trainz Content Showcases," in which users show off personal creations, whether it be reskins, models or other stuff. I've begun to see many ET44AC's pop up in such videos, and they DEFINITELY not anything that looks familiar. So may I ask, who made these, and are they for purchase, download or just simply private? I've seen a lot of users who have these, so there must be some kind of place to get them or a person to ask. Thank you for the help!

Here's an example:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I assume that these models are kit bashed from other models so probably are not available anywhere.

These are awful kitbashes; all of the performance hit of a craftsman high detailed model with out-of-proportion and incorrect meshes poorly put together. In a sense, I commend the motivation and time of the original kitbasher but these hardly look any good and are a resource hog.

These are awful kitbashes; all of the performance hit of a craftsman high detailed model with out-of-proportion and incorrect meshes poorly put together. In a sense, I commend the motivation and time of the original kitbasher but these hardly look any good and are a resource hog.

Since you are a renowned and experienced modeller for the highly praised site called JointedRail, I'll take your word for it. Thanks!

They're kitbashes that are being passed around. Same with some NS AC44C6M models that turn up in screenshots from time to time.

Looks like the particular one in the original post had the rear of DaveSnow's ET44AC model stuck on JR's ES44AC model.

Matt

They're kitbashes that are being passed around. Same with some NS AC44C6M models that turn up in screenshots from time to time.

Looks like the particular one in the original post had the rear of DaveSnow's ET44AC model stuck on JR's ES44AC model.

Matt

It is usually something like this or some combination of available parts. The idea is interesting, but the problem comes from loading 2 or 3 locomotive models just to blank parts of them out and load as one. This means they have a heavy performance footprint but let's be honest, they don't look all that great anyway.

I got mine! And it looks spectacular, if I do say so myself. *pat* *pat* :D
CSX-ET44AH-Front.jpg

From scratch in Blender using Scale Trains 5 view "plans" and countless real life images for reference.

Last edited:
I got mine! And it looks spectacular, if I do say so myself. *pat* *pat* :D

From scratch in Blender using Scale Trains 5 view "plans" and countless real life images for reference.

Now this I can get behind. Not made from an unholy combination of old payware models and non matching parts.

crazytrain said:
Read my post again and tell me where it says anything about Jointed Rail.
crazytrain said:
It's a private model, built completely by me, private, and will most likely stay that way.

Can completely understand that as well. For whatever reason they cause an uproar in the community.

Back