This was my own fault, but did it have to be?

This thread is a mess so let's summarise this as easily as possible.

You need a session to run a route and you need a route to run a session.
Quick drive is a temp session, therefore it is a session and can be found in the session menu.
And as for your last post please see below;

right-wrong.jpg

Ok, we can keep this going.

Temp, or temporary doesnt apply, since quick drive is always there.

A session is a form of saved game either created deliberately or as a result of saving when exiting the game.

Quick drive is bordered in blue, clearly differentiating it from all sessions which are bordered in gray.

Unlike actual sessions Quick drive can not be found in the content manager.

I don't give a good God (censored) if it appears in the session menu or not, it is a unique "mode" introduced as a convience so those who have a route with no legitimate sessions can still "drive" on that route without going thru surveyor and the trouble of creating a session just to do so.

You can't find it in the CM, you can't edit it, you can't upload it to the DLS, or export it as a CDP.

Arguing for arguing sake, is a waste of time. I think you should call it whatever you like, and the rest of us will treat it as a sudo-session which few of us probably use. :eek:

I'm just getting into using layers. I've done the same thing and totally agree with needing a "Layer Indicator". Every time I make a mistake, I make a process for myself to avoid it. When I load a session or a route, my process is to ALWAYS press F6 before I do anything else. Thus making me select the proper layer.

Back