Faulty TRS2019 install, faulty PC or faulty CDP ??

barn700

Trainz Content Creator
I have a customer that I have built some items for, mainly scenery with a couple animated objects. They are exported from TS12 or TRS19 into CDP format.

Upon emailing the CDP files, the customer receives them OK, but trying to import into TRS2019 gets many errors, one of which is 'cannot read CDP file'. I have many many customers that have TRS2019 and have experienced no problems with loading in my content from CDP files.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem may be ??

Any odd characters in the file names? that can cause a read error.
Poor internet connection corrupting downloads incorrect / small file sizes are usually a clue if a download has been corrupted. If is internet related using a different DNS server might fix it.
Maybe try sticking them on one drive or Google drive temporarily and see if they can be downloaded and installed from there, in case its an email provider issue, maybe there is size limit and they are getting truncated, I have seen that happen, file sizes again usually a clue.
Messed up permissions on wherever he download them to, suggest maybe run Trainz as administrator and see if he or she gets the same problem.

Back