Replacing mcguirel's faulty trees.

STLSF4003

As you all know, trs19 royally screwed up Mcguirel's tree assets to the point of uselessness and sadly a lot a later routes used these assets.

While I've heard there is a way to rectify this issue, I frankly don't feel like going through ever single faulty asset to fix it. So I just want to know if there's a way to replace these assets without having to delete every faulty/missing asset and then replace them one by one by hand.?

I am not aware of any way to convert v5 speedtrees to v6. The only way would be to change the trees to billboards in TS12 and then bring the route into T:ANE or TRS19 and change them to v6 trees if that option is available to you. With regard to hand planting, you only need to start with a few trees and the rest can be copy/pasted with rotation to avoid repetition. Just remember to deselect ground height and splines when pasting.
Mcguirel does have a few v6 trees on the DLS in the m:urst range.

Graeme

Last edited:
As you all know, trs19 royally screwed up Mcguirel's tree assets to the point of uselessness and sadly a lot a later routes used these assets.

I'm sorry to ask but which of his trees are you referring to. My Trainz Plus has a number of his trees as built-in and all are working perfectly.

If you are referring to his "Ultra" series then these are built for Trainz 2010 and use SpeedTrees v5.0. In which case it was not N3V that "royally screwed up Mcguirel's tree assets" but it is the fault of IDV who own and license the use of SpeedTrees when they effectively cancelled all v5.0 licenses and forced everyone to use the updated v6.0.

I'm sorry to ask but which of his trees are you referring to. My Trainz Plus has a number of his trees as built-in and all are working perfectly.

If you are referring to his "Ultra" series then these are built for Trainz 2010 and use SpeedTrees v5.0. In which case it was not N3V that "royally screwed up Mcguirel's tree assets" but it is the fault of IDV who own and license the use of SpeedTrees when they effectively cancelled all v5.0 licenses and forced everyone to use the updated v6.0.

As far as i can tell it's his ultra treez series that won't play nice with 19.

So the issue is to find replacements for these trees, then go into the effected route an just start randomly spamming them.

I'm working on this exact issue right now. Doesn't matter whose fault it is, I'm swapping all of them out anyway. Here's one way to do it, credit goes to Zec:

Replace the entire mesh-table with this in the TS12 speedtree assets:

mesh-table
{
default-lod0
{
auto-create 1
mesh "push_pin_blue.im"
mesh-asset <kuid:70337:23014>
}
}

Then you'll have pushpins in place of trees. Now you can use bulk-asset replace to replace them with alternate trees

You need to repeat this process for every unique tree asset used on the old route.

It's HER trees.

It's HER trees.

Please excuse my obviously misogynistic slip. After teaching for over 30 years in all girls high schools I should have known better. I will rephrase.

I'm sorry to ask but which of HER trees are you referring to. My Trainz Plus has a number of his trees as built-in and all are working perfectly.

A very repentant pware. Now writing on the blackboard 100 times "It's HER trees"

Please excuse my obviously misogynistic slip. After teaching for over 30 years in all girls high schools I should have known better. I will rephrase.

A very repentant pware. Now writing on the blackboard 100 times "It's HER trees"

It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees

There. "It's HER trees" written 100 times. I just typed it five times, then copied and pasted them three times to get "It's HER tress" written twenty times, then copied and pasted that four times to get "It's HER trees" written 100 times.

Last edited:
Opps, missed it again. Retirement does that to you. Rephrasing again.

I'm sorry to ask but which of HER trees are you referring to. My Trainz Plus has a number of HER trees as built-in and all are working perfectly.

Thanks Jordon for saving me all that scarce chalk.

It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees It's HER trees

There. "It's HER trees" written 100 times. I just typed it five times, then copied and pasted them three times to get "It's HER tress" written twenty times, then copied and pasted that four times to get "It's HER trees" written 100 times.
Bart Simpson would be proud of you ... or not.

Back