Cant get signal's to work.

Jayco-man

What do I not have that is keeping these from working, in other words they have no working lights on them. Its N&W CPL HDV-R (a) RP Signal.
kb38eC.jpg

Last edited:
What do I not have that is keeping these from working, in other words they have no working lights on them. Its N&W CPL HDV-R (a) RP Signal.

The description for the asset reads;

HDV-R. A typical automatic block signal on a 17-foot post. This would only display normal routes in 2-block territory.

So maybe it needs another signal in front of it to trigger it, like an absolute type 04?

Click on 'Properties', the '?' and click on the signal and a text box will appear. Click on where it says 'Automatic' and it will change to 'Interlocking'. That should solve your problem.

1) You need to use the (i) equivalent of the signal for interlocking. This signal is automatic, i.e. a permissive or distant signal. You need N&W CPL HDV-R (i) RP Signal.

2) The placement is on the wrong side of the switch. You to place this signal closer to the camera on that side of the junction.

For the other tracks coming into the signal track, to form a triangle, place the signal facing back towards the tunnel and the posts facing towards the camera position. Setup all the points of the wye in that fashion.

Yes, the ability to make changes to the signal configuration is sketchy and not working, and hasn't since TANE SP3, but the signals will work in their default setup.

For JCitron thanks for the help but I cant find that signal. I downloaded them all and everyone I try to put there goes in on the left backwards and has to be rotated to the right, I'm sorry I wish I new what you were talking about but I dont. I have one switch before the one in the picture and then the triangle. The switch I have back of the first switch is red and if I place a switch at the next switch the one back of that goes yellow so that's working the next one I cant get to work or the next on at the triangle. I hope I expanded
4YnFCG.jpg
it well enough to understand. I added a picture so hopefully you can understand better.

It's difficult to understand when typed, but easier to show. It's not the best artwork - I never said I was an artist. The second actual screenshot of another route has the wye setup how I tried to explain it. Hope that helps. I used a 3-headed interlocking signal, but a 2-head will work okay as well. The signal you want to use is N&W CPL HDV-V(i) RP Signal. The RP indicates right hand side position. LP is the opposite. The i indicates interlocking and not automatic which is the same as permissive.

Johns Signal Guide.jpg

I2020-04-15 013032 - smaller.jpg

Back