Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TS2012 trackwork messed up after transfer to TRS19

Lovely to see you here John. I'd heard the rumors about SP3 trashing trackwork from earlier versions, but I seem to have missed out all the fun with that when I transferred my Norfolk layout. It was my LMS Lickey bank layout that got its track trashed and that used a completely different track model to my Norfolk layout and that made me wonder if some types of legacy track were more susceptible to the SP3 bug than others. I also had a 1930s Uk road spline get trashed in places on on my Lickey bank layout as well.
    Having got my fingers burned I won't be taking any more of my older layouts past TANE when I come to upgrade them. It's one heck of a lot of work to properly update an older layout and make it look good again and I'm too old and tired to have to constantly fix things the latest 'update' broke. I had a lot of hope for TRS19, but that's getting more and more tarnished as time goes by. I have been building layouts in TRS19 and some months ago I commissioned a rather expensive 19th century GWR Broad Gauge locomotive that's TS2019 only, so I'm having to stick with TRS19 and do my best to remain optimistic.

I have a Gold Plus+ subscription, but I look on that as being a donation to keep N3V from the poorhouse and I won't be taking on any SP4 updates until they are the final fully tested release version and I have everything well and truly backed up first.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Great to see you here John.

Is there a wider problem with splines in TRS19? I've seen splines randomly disappearing in TRS19 since the last SP. Some reappear, some seem to vanish for ever!

Paul

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsw2 View Post
    Great to see you here John.

Is there a wider problem with splines in TRS19? I've seen splines randomly disappearing in TRS19 since the last SP. Some reappear, some seem to vanish for ever!

Paul
    Hi Paul,

There is an issue with some splines due to how they were constructed originally as well as some track. It has something to do with the LOD with some rendering better than others jankvis has been working on some new grass splines that look really nice have solved some of that problem. I've never had splines disappear completely, but I noticed that if there's a lot of them and the route is busy in that area, they will check themselves out of the scene.

Yeah, I've been popping in a little bit between practicing. It's good to be home. Today was one of those days where I couldn't get the hands to do their job the right way so I gave up rather than get more annoyed than I already was at the time.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641