New Asset Type

Lewiscc65

What is with the status PACKAGED? We have BASE, BUILT-IN, BUILT-IN PAYWARE, PACKAGED and PACKAGED-PAYWARE. I have 844 of these on my laptop that are obsolete and I can not delete them to give me more space on the drive. Something has to be done here.

I don't have anything labelled "PACKAGED" or "PACKAGED-PAYWARE" but N3V have said that they are reorganising their asset classifications for a future release and this could be part of that process.

Possibly (and I am speculating here) they could be part of a DLC "package" you have installed. One change they have made is that DLC "packages" must now contain all the included assets, including those that are on the DLS. This, I believe, is to ensure that all the assets are installed at the maximum download speed and users without an FCT are not forced to download the included DLS content at slower speeds with download limits. But again, I am speculating.

That's a new status, introduced with the latest beta version. Content Manager has a new menu entry "Report Containing Packages" in the "Content" menu (not available in the right click menu).

PACKAGED-PAYWARE = payware from a DLC package (?)
PACKAGED = non payware from a DLC package (?)

Peter

While I appreciate DLS items being packaged with the DLC, I am not sure I want those DLS items to have a different status than "Installed from DLS". I think things are accurate as it is. Yes, maybe package the DLS items with the payware, but don't change the current status labels, I think it is programming being pursued where it isn't necessary.

Files should not be double on your PC or on any server, it's polution
Including items that are also on the DLS in some DLC package is a wrong move
if the reason is speed, then just remove the cap on the DLS
Trainz became great because of all contributions/content from all of the content creators
capping the server where they are hosted(DLS) and ask a fee (FCT) for normal speed
is 1 reason for me not to host my items there.
besides that it is so unclear/messy, that users leave, not good.

Back