AI will not stop at platforms in TRS19 Build 111951

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I've noticed this in previous versions of TRS19, mostly SP2 and SP3, so this is a problem that I've had for a while. Anyway, I have approach_medium's Dayton & Troy Electric Railway model railroadz and I had two AI controlled trains, an Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee Electroliner and a CNS&M coach and combine working as one train going around the layout, stopping at different AJS Tram Stop Type 2 I've placed along the layout, with the Electroliner stopping at the big cities, acting as an express train, and the coach and combine serving as a local, stopping at all stations on the line. The problem is that I would use the 'Navigate To' script to have the trains drive from one station to another, then I use the 'Unload' script to unload passengers at the station and then use the 'Load' script to load passengers at the station. Before SP2, they would follow the commands correctly. However, after SP2, the trains will slow down for the station stop like they're supposed to, but then pick back up speed and continue on without stopping, ignoring the string of commands I had given the AI in that 'command bar' at the bottom of the screen. How do I get the trains to begin stopping at the stations and unload and load passengers at the stations again? Note that I will be leaving for an overnight trip later today, so I may not be able to answer any questions you have until I get back tomorrow.

This may not be a solution. Analyze what happens: You have a command, drive to or navigate to a passenger station. In my experience both commands make the consist get there, so use one of the other is the same. As the consist enters the platform area, I use AJS invisibles, the icon for the drive to goes away, and the one for loading or unloading gets active. At this point the script at the platform takes over the motion of the consist and makes the consist to advance to the center or end of the platform, depending of the settings, and stop to perform the loading or unloading action. Causes for the consist not to stop: The length of the platform is too small for the length of the consist. Try using a 110m platform and see what happens. If you set everything and try the first time and it works, save and return; check after several tries. Sometimes saving screws something and the consist will refuse to stop.
Is it the platform, or the command to load/unload? Very hard to tell. There is another command I use, "Load Passengers", and there you select the side of the wagons with doors to open/close and the length of this. Sort of taking control of these parameters rather than leaving the platform to do it. Try this and see what happens.
The million dollar question is why if it was working before, why now fails? With this you see you are not alone experiencing these bugs. So play with it. If everything fails, set a test track on a new test board and keeping everything very simple try there.

It SEEMS to be very conditionally based. Between sets of customers there are multiple differences in their software. The extreme flexibility of Trainz carries a penalty of errors due to the "mixture of conditional variables. Finding 2 customers with exactly the same set of conditions is very unlikely. I had the described problems until a few months ago when I saw a train actually stop properly and exchange passengers. SOLVED!

So I go about making changes to instructions and adding assets - the usual trainz stuff. Then the trains stopped acting as they should for passenger service. Why - who knows? No sane way to reconstruct why. So I just ignore the improper handling of passengers. At least (for now) the trains do stop near the the proper point. What happens after that I just ignore and they take off to the next weird stop. It takes imagination to run Trainz.

So I'm back from my short trip and I made a quick test route using the same assets in question and made a short video of the problem. I used the Navigate To command in the video. I also tried the Call At command, Drive To command, and Drive To Industry Command, with the same results except that they stop only once at one station, and that's with the Drive To and Drive To Industry command:

Last edited:
So I'm back from my short trip and I made a quick test route using the same assets in question and made a short video of the problem. I used the Navigate To command in the video. I also tried the Call At command, Drive To command, and Drive To Industry Command, with the same results except that they stop only once at one station, and that's with the Drive To and Drive To Industry command:

Your video does not show the length of these stations and the type you use. Please read my above post on details and importance of a station related to the length of the consist.

Your video does not show the length of these stations and the type you use. Please read my above post on details and importance of a station related to the length of the consist.

I use the AJS Tram Stop Type 2. The platform is very short, like less than 5 meters, but the track must pass thru two green circles on either side of the tram stop for it to work, which I did.

I had this exact same problem and could not figure it out. Someone on this forum had the solution.

Turns out that I had copied/pasted a town with a station to a new location, then destroyed the town and station in the original location. So even though I only had one station with that name, it confused the AI. Is it possible you did the same thing with the problem station? If so, I suggest deleting the problem station, then add a station giving it a different name.

You will likely need to save, exit, restart Trainz, etc. after doing this, but give it a try.

I had this exact same problem and could not figure it out. Someone on this forum had the solution.

Turns out that I had copied/pasted a town with a station to a new location, then destroyed the town and station in the original location. So even though I only had one station with that name, it confused the AI. Is it possible you did the same thing with the problem station? If so, I suggest deleting the problem station, then add a station giving it a different name.

You will likely need to save, exit, restart Trainz, etc. after doing this, but give it a try.

No. I downloaded the route from the DLS and added the AJS stations myself. I also made sure each station had its own individual name.

Before SP2, they would follow the commands correctly. However, after SP2, the trains will slow down for the station stop like they're supposed to, but then pick back up speed and continue on without stopping, ignoring the string of commands I had given the AI in that 'command bar' at the bottom of the screen.

I can't help, but I have an identical problem on a new route created in TS19/11951. I have used andi06 stations in previous versions without issue, but at the moment trains slow down but then drive thru without stopping irrespective of which commands are given. Train length versus platform length is not an issue, the platform accommodates loco plus 10 coaches, actual train has 8, and test trains with light engine only don't stop either. The 'station' is bang smack in the centre of the platform length and therefore half way between the green circles on the ramps, and the station variables are updated for the correct length of platform...

I suspect it's a script issue, but just making that statement takes me way out of my depth, and a fix is beyond my humble means....

Well you may not like this solution, but I never use 'navigate to' for stations. I use a trackmark so it stops in the right location, and passengers should load and unload without being told to. The AJS stations are interactive, so there's no need to tell them what to do. However the AI is truly dumb, so no guarantees!

I have had issues with Bloodnok's stations as well. The AI will approach them and everything will work fine then other times the AI will skip by. The issue I found was my signaling after the stations. I had used a permissive signal ahead of the stations and the AI would continue on because they saw the permissive signal as an okay to proceed. By removing the permissive signal, or moving the signal farther down the tracks, my AI behaves now. It was quite frustrating and I did everything including placing dwarf absolute signals at the end of each platform, which does work as well, but only if there's no permissive signal too close. This was actually the hint of what was going on.

There are some other assets I found that get in the way and cause weird station and other interactive industry issues. If there are two AI trains following each other, allow for plenty of space and time for the the station or industry to "reset" the load/unload scripts, otherwise, the following AI train will get caught up in the train leaving portion of the script as that AI train arrives, causing the following train to skip over the station along with the leaving train. This one took some time fiddling and faffing with to get the AI to behave on my tram route because trams tend to run close together, or do at least on Boston's "T" system during rush hour.

The other issue to watch out for is placing road crossings or signals too close to the platforms. For some reason the scripts from the two other assets mess with the script working on the stations. I place either of these assets at least 30 meters from the platforms and that has helped as well.

Yes, I'm visiting... I had some time to do some beta testing today and came here to check the patch update and decided to visit. :)

Hi Andy! Welcome back!

Last edited:
Back