N3V Contact for website issues, ie: bad links, etc

1611mac

- - . -
Does anyone know how (or who) to contact with Trainz website issues? (Bad links, info that need to be updated, etc). I do websites myself and I always appreciate feedback to help keep things current and working smoothly.

You can always start a helpdesk ticket and I am sure they will pass it along to the right department.

Yeah even I was going to suggest the helpdesk but since they changed the ticket requirements...
IuRqBM5.jpg

Basically if you run into dead links / content need to be updated / etc all you can do is ignore them and hope someday they get fixed.

Cheers

Ha... going thru "support" and/or "help desk" and just "ignoring" is not what I had in mind.... more like access to a direct link to "webmaster" in order to be a help.

For the website I maintain I get notes frequently and problems are fixed within minutes. My boss, staff, etc don't even know anything happened. I care so I want it fixed. When someone tells me a page has the wrong link I don't need a committee to know what to do. I just fix it.

Oh well... Stupid question and stupid wish I guess. Thinking that perhaps there could be someone who cares....

Hi All
If you do notice a broken link on a current page, then please report these through the helpdesk and I'll get them passed on to the team.

However please keep in mind that there are some very old pages on our site that are kept more for interest sake, which we aren't actively maintaining so there is a possibility that some may have broken links on them if the files or other pages have disappeared.

Regards

Hi All
If you do notice a broken link on a current page, then please report these through the helpdesk and I'll get them passed on to the team.

However please keep in mind that there are some very old pages on our site that are kept more for interest sake, which we aren't actively maintaining so there is a possibility that some may have broken links on them if the files or other pages have disappeared.

Regards

Thanks for that Zec. Please note that search engines will give pages with broken links very poor scores so it's likely the pages won't be returned in search engine returns. Visitor's hate broken links and are likely not to ba as active on site due to them. Especially in main area's like the Store. If the page they refer to has been removed the link should be removed or it's casing harm in some fashion. That's just as info...

Back