Can't replace faulty assets in ALPHA BRAVO

Forester1

Hi ! I downloaded the <kuid:840699:100901> ALPHA BRAVO route, which has two faulty boxcars in one of the consists (consist120, which once I remove the faulty boxcars becomes two consists). No problem, I'll just edit the route and replace them, which of course means saving as my own route. However, when I try to fill in the missing spots in the consist with substitutes of the same look, I get a message

"Error: Cannot add object as the selected layer is above that of the targeted track. Trackside objects cannot be placed in a layer above the track they are being attached to."

What does this mean? I am not trying to place trackside objects above the track, I am trying to place boxcars ON the track. I have deleted the missing dependencies from the route. (They are missing because I deleted the two boxcars from my CM). It won't let me set a boxcar anywhere on any track that I have tried, whether near a consist or not. I am editing the route, not any layers I am aware of. Is there something I need to do to allow adding the boxcar replacements?

NOTE: The two faulty boxcars: <kuid2:56063:130117:1> 50ft Boxcar PENN CENTRAL #<kuid2:56063:130126:1> 50ft Boxcar Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railrod pd#
Both by Majekear are actually available for download from the DLS, but go faulty when I download them. It appears related to FBX, so they won't commit. They end up Open for edit, faulty, and when I revert them, they say modified, faulty. Error is validating " - <kuid2:56063:130117:1> : Unable to read config file for asset at 'arc:fld:$(original)/hash-9D||kuid2 56063 130117 1.tzarc|'". And if I try to open and show in explorer it can't find it.

I thought it would be just as well to replace those with substitutes but now I can't figure out how to substitute.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

I deleted this route, because it said it was "Modified, payware", and I thought that might have something to do with the issue. I re-downloaded it from the DLS using CM ("Available for Download"), and it shows in CM as "Installed, Payware". So I believe this IS the issue why it won't edit. Why does this come up as Payware when it is downloadable from the DLS?

EDIT: Well, whatever. Although it says it is "Installed, Payware", it now shows as clean, no missing assets. So it beats the heck out of me what the deal was, but this thread is now apparently a moot point. Well, except for the fact that it re-downloaded the two faulty boxcars, and if I delete them, it will be back to missing assets. Sigh. :eek:

Last edited:
Its because the route is a modified version of one of the Canadian routes. You can modify and upload payware routes but the person who downloads it must have the original installed. As for editing consists you have to check on what layer you are on when adding assets.

Thanks Hert. I am a total noob with layers, so I think I am going to leave well enough alone. Hopefully the faulty (FBX) boxcars will get fixed.

Back