AI Wait until not red signal

rmdk

Hello All,

Was wondering if anyone can tell what the two options are in this Driver Command. They are written in Russian or similar.

Thanks,

Russell

I would not use it. It is a driver command, but it stays in the driver list until the next signal is not red.
This could be forever as the train needs its next drive to point in order for the signal and points to change. As the next drive to point is after the wait until not red command the train has no instructions.
EIT has a wait until path is complete selection which works well in the towers.

Thanks for your reply Stagecoach.

If I used another train to set the signal to green - do you know if this problem would still occur?

I have a passenger train entering a station and locos decoupling; then the locos hit a trackmark to switch the signal holding the shunter to green (not red).

Russell

Hi

There are a couple of driver commands by author "elstoko", "Set Selected Signal State" kuid2:368725:60002:10 and "Set Signal Ahead" kuid2:368725:60003:6.

The "Set Selected Signal State" command can be used to set any signal on the route while the "Set Signal Ahead" will set the first signal in front of the train. One thing with these commands, if you select the correct option they will light the calling on signal correctly on the old Auran UK signals to allow a loco to pass and couple to the rear of a train.

Regards

Brian

Russel if you are setting up a shunting scene I would suggest the "post message" and "wait for message and clear" driver commands. This allows the shunter to sit in the siding or anywhere else until it gets a message from the train entering the station. Once it gets the message it can start its operation. It is a method I use to shunt coaches out of a platform to allow a steam engine to reverse out of a terminus to change ends. It will only work when a train sends the message and ignores any other train that uses the station.

Back