Ten years back - loco is black

cpufo

I "exported" locomotive 'F59-PHI - AMT' from trs2019 to .CDP file.
Then I tried importing that .CDP into an old copy of trs2009.
When I added the loco to a 2009 route it appears all BLACK. It drives, it blows horns, etc but it is BLACK.
What I am missing in order to show it in all its glory?

this happens to other locos and coaches as well

TRS19 into TRS2009 does not work at all.

It's a bit like trying to put a DVD onto a vinyl record player. :)

Yer, expecting the latest to fit into a game 12 years old is asking a bit much. If it was an old asset with a build 1.3, it would be fine. No idea which version of that loco you have, all I see is build 2.9 one. Still taking it from TRS19 doesn't make sense, why not import it fresh from the DLS directly into 2009, although why go backwards doesn't compute for me lol.

So, in order to get 2009 things, I DSL'd F59-PHI - Amtrak Surfliner <KUID2:206307:1246:5> listed as ts2009.
DL finished ok but still this loco appear on ts2009 as all black. do I miss the paint scheme? how to get it?

You will need to untick the texture compression tickbox in Content Manager. This is on by default which is an error in TS2009 and it will make most of your textures in game turn black.

You will need to untick the texture compression tickbox in Content Manager. This is on by default which is an error in TS2009 and it will make most of your textures in game turn black.

Did that (setting/misc...) saved & exited. Still black (running # shown in white)

Last edited:
I seem to remember that there was a second part to the fix. I think you have to open all the content that is black for edit and then commit it again after turning the compression off...

Thanks for the big hint. I also ran into that problem in a new install of TS2010 that I'm using the build a special map. Can't use a newer version of Trainz because the final user is not able to upgrade. They have an external control stand that is not compatible with newer versions of Trainz.

Meanwhile, I was having big issues with many of the objects that had black textures. First I thought I was rusty in my GMAX creation process, tried all sorts of different combinations to export, nada.

Then I found this thread about turning of the compression and then having to open for edit and commit the objects again. :D Ah, relief.

Now who thought it would be a good idea to have the compression on by default? Was there some situation where this would be a good idea?

Back