Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TRS19/Trainz Plus Update 113142 to 113547

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Seasons and environment is still broken in this version.

Set the calendar to summertime, i.e. July in northern hemisphere in a route.

The trees and seasonal textures change as required. Save the route and the season reverts back to winter.
    Environment settings are saved per session. The last save will update the route environment.

So if you want to edit a winter route, load a winter session (and don't forget to switch to the route layer to make route edits).

If you only change the environment settings, then you won't trigger a route save, so make an edit like a small terrain height adjustment first (or make that edit and undo it).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

@Tony Hilliam. Can you please check out my post regarding the pulsating light in cabs posted just before your latest post. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    you could have simply written a bug report. Then we could fix the bug, and everyone is happy.
    How should I know this is a bug? Some examples of features you removed or modified without previous notice: the train tab in Driver, the Undo button in Surveyor, saved games being suddenly saved as sessions then as saved games again, settings now resulting in snowy textures on distant hills (this one has been reported and is still not fixed). Each time the user is faced with a fait accompli.

Please reconsider your attitude as "N3V" is run by humans with feelings, and insulting us does nothing to our motivation to address your problems.
    How does saying this unannounced modification would be stupid is insulting you? And it is not my but every player's problem.

Please let us know the steps to reproduce this.
    Driving a train in Driver, pressing Escape (or Ctrl+S), then choose Save game and press OK. The issue occurs 1 or 2 times out of 10 (and the game is saved despite of the popup message).

It is quite possible this is a timeout which the system recognizes as a disk space error.
    If it is system related, why only in this Build? I still have Build 111951 and this issue never occurs (nor it ever did in all previous versions).

I would suggest rebooting your system
    Done several times.

and then seeing what happens differently when the error occurs versus when it doesn't.
    What could "happen differently"? It is always the same routine: driving a train in Driver, pressing Escape (or Ctrl+S), then choose Save game and press OK.

Recording Trainz via win+G command.
    I have tried this feature a long time ago and then the video covered the whole screen when playing it.

But now when I am using TRS2019 (113547) it looks like below when playing the recorded video (I do not want the black area that I have redmarked):
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/vprvf...o/ex1.jpg/file

Same problem occurs when testing TRS2019(111951).

Yes, I have tested another game like Flight simulator and that one works as expected.

So, can anyone help me?
    Parameter settings in TRS2019 ?

https://www.mediafire.com/view/mujgx...Bild2.jpg/file

We've figured out the Save game error and a temporary workaround. (We need confirmation this is the same issue you are seeing)

The issue occurs only in a "R
    anked Session" and you have v3 of the library installed and also only if you save early in the session.

To fix this:
    1. In CM, select <kuid2:401543:2030:3> Ranked Session Library
    2. Open for Edit
    3. Submit Edits

This creates a modified version of the asset which resolves the problem. (If you don't have v3 installed and you still have the error show, please provide details of which version you do have installed)

Also, if this occurs in a session that doesn't have the Ranked Session rule incuded, please provide details of which rules are used (it is possible that there are other rules with the same bug as the Ranked Session rule)

We still need to fix the underlying bug but this should get things working - please confirm if it works for you.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; July 26th, 2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Using build #113642 and I can only find <kuid2:401543:2030:2> which is built-in.

<kuid2:338228:300076:2>

John - can you select this item and select Content > Report containing packages
    Then let me know the resource ID that shows up.
    (or simply where you accessed the v2 content from)
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; July 26th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by gawpo50 View Post
    Using build #113642 and I can only find <kuid2:401543:2030:2> which is built-in.
    That's fine - most people won't have v3 installed (which is why we couldn't reproduce this issue initially as it requires a non-standard installation).
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by vovven47 View Post
    Recording Trainz via win+G command.
    I have tried this feature a long time ago and then the video covered the whole screen when playing it.

But now when I am using TRS2019 (113547) it looks like below when playing the recorded video (I do not want the black area that I have redmarked):
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/vprvf...o/ex1.jpg/file

Same problem occurs when testing TRS2019(111951).

Yes, I have tested another game like Flight simulator and that one works as expected.

So, can anyone help me?
    Parameter settings in TRS2019 ?

https://www.mediafire.com/view/mujgx...Bild2.jpg/file

Downloaded freeware from NCH for screen recording.

That software working good!

The issue occurs only in a "Ranked Session" and you have v3 of the library installed (If you don't have v3 installed and you still have the error show, please provide details of which version you do have installed)
    The version I have is: <kuid2:401543:2030:2> Ranked Session Library (Built-in).

Also, if this occurs in a session that doesn't have the Ranked Session rule incuded, please provide details of which rules are used (it is possible that there are other rules with the same bug as the Ranked Session rule)
    I don't even know what is the "Ranked Session" rule. The issue occurs in sessions created from the Route menu by clicking "Create Session"; I never modify the rules. The last one that had the problem is for Tidewater Point Rail route and its rules (automatically created) are: Driver Setup, Driver Command, Clean Up Derailed Trains, Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI.

Unfortunately I couldn't repro the problem this way. Hopefully our existing repro will resolve your issue too. (The Ranked session rule is used in built-in sessions and it was only with that being used that we could repro the save error so far) .

I tried the following:
    1. Install Tidewater 2.0 (sc473)
    2. Create session
    3. Switch to Driver Mode
    4. Save
    5. Exit
    6. Load Saved Session
    7. Save
    Tony Hilliam

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

<kuid2:338228:300076:2>

John - can you select this item and select Content > Report containing packages
    Then let me know the resource ID that shows up.
    (or simply where you accessed the v2 content from)
    Hi Tony,

It looks like I resolved the issue by reverting content to original. I copied over my full database today from 111951 to the current beta for testing. The same asset I mentioned here previously was marked as missing again. This time, unlike other times, I had other assets showing missing content. These asset, as installed, but modified. When I reverted these to original, the problem went away along with the others I mentioned.

With that said, this might be something to tuck away in the remember this for later in case the issue crops up again in the future.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Quote Originally Posted by capdiamont View Post
    I haven't seen any update for the Mac for the last beta nor this beta. Last build I'm on is 111956 and Trains Plus beta stream. I'm curious because you say all owners.
    I have the same question.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Hi Tony,

It looks like I resolved the issue by reverting content to original. I copied over my full database today from 111951 to the current beta for testing. The same asset I mentioned here previously was marked as missing again. This time, unlike other times, I had other assets showing missing content. These asset, as installed, but modified. When I reverted these to original, the problem went away along with the others I mentioned.

With that said, this might be something to tuck away in the remember this for later in case the issue crops up again in the future.
    Scratch this. The fault reappeared again in build 113642 and I did some further checking.

This seems to be related to the new preview pass package previewpass:881, but the error only occurs in the beta versions and not in Build 111951.

The only way to resolve the problem is to uninstall the new asset.
    Last edited by JCitron; July 28th, 2021 at 04:53 PM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641