which version of Trainz should I use

edl

HELLO,

My question is which version of Trainz should I use?
Trainz + 113142 or Trainz A NEW ERA build 105766 SP4.

Thanks
Ed Lewis

That's a call you are going to have to make on your own. Since you have both why not use each one for a while and compare. Then decide for yourself. I personally have not used Tane that much since coming onboard a couple of years ago. In the forums you'll find advocates for both (and those with dislikes too). So it comes down to personal preference.

HELLO, My question is which version of Trainz should I use? Trainz + 113142 or Trainz A NEW ERA build 105766 SP4. Thanks Ed Lewis

Your question is very subjective!!! Personally if your into building or modifying routes, I'd recommend Trainz a New Era build 105766 SP4, because it still has an "Undo" button that has easy access. (in Tane surveyor, I use the "Undo" button, more than any other button in Trainz)...

If you are more into running trains on routes (sessions) then I personally would run with TS2019 PE 111951 SP3.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Mac...

Your question is very subjective!!! Personally if your into building or modifying routes, I'd recommend Trainz a New Era build 105766 SP4, because it still has an "Undo" button that has easy access. (in Tane surveyor, I use the "Undo" button, more than any other button in Trainz)...

If you are more into running trains on routes (sessions) then I personally would run with TS2019 PE 111951 SP3.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Mac...
The keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Z for undo is common across all versions and you don't even need to find it in a menu! :p

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Z for undo is common across all versions and you don't even need to find it in a menu! :p

Fully agree. None of the programs I use (and I use quite a few) have an on-screen "Undo" button but they all have the Ctrl-Z key combination and I never have any problems finding or using those keys :D.

Mac --

I'm with you on this, except I still use TRS19 without any of the Service Patches. The undo / redo buttons are of vital importance in route construction. Swapping from mouse to keyboard to use the shortcuts just doesn't cut it for me.

Ed --

As for your original question, the graphics (PBR 3D textures, grasses, lighting effects, ... ) in TRS19 are considerably better than TANE. But it is, of course, your call.

Phil

WB Ed
Depends what you want to do, I'd say 3 versions :)

Build your basic route and session in TaneSP4

TRS19 before any service pack to:
-add turfx/clutter to a route
-If you make content (most stable, Undo where it should be, Splinepoints not broken)

TRS19 SP3fixed (fixed not out yet)
pure for driving, smooth transition between trains

have fun with Trainz
greetings GM

Paint, Irfanview, excel, gmax all have an Undo button (and I use it a lot)

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks all for the suggestion's. I'm going to stick with Trainz+, after I look at what I've been doing in Trainz+.

Again Thanks,

Ed Lewis

Back