TRS19 Crash with the manual operation HUD

jeroenvandorp

Sunday Driver
I have a weird problem I can't solve.

It goes for all my routes, preinstalled, newly created etc.

Using the manual control HUD on the screen below, as soon as a train passes 91-93 kph or the mile equivalent, TRS19 crashes and returns to the desktop. It doesn't matter which loco I use or what consist.

I can't really make head or tails from the logs, although I tried.
A recurring red entry is
font manager: unknown font label "trs18_driver_hid" or "hud_digital"

There's also an error in the log ClientGeometryNode and "mesh was not loaded animated.

As soon as I disable the manual operation hud with F5 the train accelerates without problems. As soon as I hit f5 again and brake until under the 100kph the program crashes again.

edit: correction: it happens with every HUD, not only the manual control hud. And the only consist that doesn't crash the program is the frecciarossa HST that comes with the Sebino Lake scenario

I have 111951 installed and already tried a clean reinstall and a beta update (which made things even worse), rebuild database etc. No faulty content indicated.

A new laptop Asus TUF A15 with Ryzen 7, GeForce RTX3060, 16 gb RAM and plenty of ssd space.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:
hoi Jeroen, that beast laptop should run TRS19 without any problems

On the Launcher screen the [General] tab
check the refresh rate ???Hz, and try a lower setting
in another thread we found out that this happens with the GeForce RTX3060 and TRS

A recurring red entry is:
these are faults in built-in (I think) Multiplay script assets,
that they somehow never repair, though its been an error in any version of TRS19

Advice you not to use beta's as your main Trainz
so far the best and most stable build for me is 100240 (before SP1)
you are welcome on Dutch-Trainz (orange button in my signature)
greetings/groeten GM

hoi Jeroen, that beast laptop should run TRS19 without any problems

On the Launcher screen the [General] tab
in another thread we found out that this happens with the GeForce RTX3060 and TRS

A recurring red entry is:
these are faults in built-in (I think) Multiplay script assets,
that they somehow never repair, though its been an error in any version of TRS19

Advice you not to use beta's as your main Trainz
so far the best and most stable build for me is 100240 (before SP1)
you are welcome on Dutch-Trainz (orange button in my signature)
greetings/groeten GM

Okay, thanks for the answer, so this already was one for the bug list. I must have overlooked it searching the forum.
I'll try a lower setting than the 144Hz and if no help I'll sit it out until the next SP.

Downgrading is not an option because my TRS19 came as a complete package with the service pack.

Thanks again!

J.

I have an RTX 3060 Ti set at 120Hz in Trainz Settings and have had no problems. The 144Hz option was not available at the maximum resolution (1920 x 1080) I selected.

I have an RTX 3060 Ti set at 120Hz in Trainz Settings and have had no problems. The 144Hz option was not available at the maximum resolution (1920 x 1080) I selected.

Thanks for the reaction.

In my settings only 144Hz and 60Hz refresh rates are available for the various resolutions (from 1024x768 up to 1920x1080].
Changing to one of each combo doesn’t help me. I also tweaked performance settings from everything low to everything ultra and also no positive results.

The possibility that there’s something wrong with my local setup is always real, but for now I’m not able to determine what and where. If it’s on my side, I’ll find it some day, if it’s on the TRS19 side, I’ll have to sit it out….

As for now this problem has been solved on my laptop. I can now continue speeding to my heart's desire.

The only thing that changed was auto-updating the HEVC video extensions of my video card manufacturer via the Microsoft Store. For what it's worth.

Everyone thanks for the feedback.

J.

It's a sound problem. Using bluetooth earbuds or headphone, the program runs stable. After the download in the above post, I must have been using earbuds. I still have to try a headphone with cord, to see if that makes a difference, but at the moment I have none available.

Now trying to find where the sound problem exactly resides.

J.

It's a sound problem. Using bluetooth earbuds or headphone, the program runs stable. After the download in the above post, I must have been using earbuds. I still have to try a headphone with cord, to see if that makes a difference, but at the moment I have none available.

Now trying to find where the sound problem exactly resides.

J.

What sound chip/card do you have on your desktop?

I had truly awful problems in the past with SoundBlaster products. Their cards would cause stuttering, stalls, and glitches to a point where the program was unusable. When I checked through various things, I noticed that there were SoundBlaster-related drivers and things that would hog the resources then go back to normal when I was checking the resources in Process Explorer which I use instead of Task Manager. When the drivers pulsed, the program stuttered exactly 1 to 1!

After removing the expensive soundcard and going back to the built-in Realtek hardware on my motherboard, I've had no issues since.

I have an Asus gaming laptop, a TUF A15. In my case the culprit is the standard Realtek hardware! It must be a driver issue, because of the fact that settings are minimal to choose from, but I haven't been able to solve it yet.

J.

I have an Asus gaming laptop, a TUF A15. In my case the culprit is the standard Realtek hardware! It must be a driver issue, because of the fact that settings are minimal to choose from, but I haven't been able to solve it yet.

J.

Lovely! I will definitely not update my drivers at all because that has other implications for me besides Trainz. I use Modartt's Pianoteq software as well and that had stuttering and buffering issues as well with my SoundBlaster, and I can't afford to lose time from some music projects I'm working on at the moment.

Back