Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you Modify Payware Content T:ANE

Default How do you Modify Payware Content T:ANE

I am trying to kuid files for the built-in C&O kanawha berkshire since it uses the generic engine sound as well as the same hornsound/ whistle as the TS2012 Big Boy. I have my sounds picked out but the game wont let me submit the changes saying I am not authorized, why is trainz not allowing you to modify built-in content all the sudden???
    Last edited by Infantry99; July 20th, 2021 at 02:06 AM.

You said it's payware. It's locked against edits.
    3DS Max 2009/2012. T:ANE SP4 (105946) & TRS19 SP2 (110491).
    Win10, i7 5820K, 3.3GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti 6GB vram, 2x512GB SSD.

Blog Entries

That's the DRM system that Trainz has had since TS12, used by all pieces of content distributed through the official store. Built-in stuff from TANE onward is handled the same way, hence why it has DRM protection.

You could try to modify the original whistle sound. Provided that the whistle dependency is not locked against edits itself.

my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0kO-ivUrfsjC3Ho1PMo5Pw

Quote Originally Posted by shebashetan7 View Post
    That's the DRM system that Trainz has had since TS12, used by all pieces of content distributed through the official store. Built-in stuff from TANE onward is handled the same way, hence why it has DRM protection.
    If that DRM system was in TS12 then why was I able to edit payware items but its suddenly working in TANE?

Quote Originally Posted by slenderman8888 View Post
    You could try to modify the original whistle sound. Provided that the whistle dependency is not locked against edits itself.

Yup the whistle is payware as well, so that mean the C&O Berkshire is stuck with the big boy whistle

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Because N3V wants it to be that way. If you have a problem with it you should contact the help desk. Discussing how to get around the payware protection in this forum could get you banned.

William

United States of America, Michigan, Manchester
    Blog Entries

You can replace the old whistle sound everywhere it's used by: Making a new whistle sound with your KUID, and add the old whistle sound to the obsolete-table. But this will replace it everywhere, not just in the one locomotive.

peter
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Because N3V wants it to be that way. If you have a problem with it you should contact the help desk. Discussing how to get around the payware protection in this forum could get you banned.

William
    They will ban me for asking a question? Also why does payware need protection in the first place????
    Last edited by Infantry99; July 20th, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
    You can replace the old whistle sound everywhere it's used by: Making a new whistle sound with your KUID, and add the old whistle sound to the obsolete-table. But this will replace it everywhere, not just in the one locomotive.

peter
    I dont have a clue what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Infantry99 View Post
    Also why does payware need protection in the first place????
    Are you serious?? Payware is supposed to be protected cause it's payware NOT freeware, and even then some freeware has statements that they are not to be copied or altered as well depending on the author. I can't believe you said that.

They will ban me for asking a question? Also why does payware need protection in the first place????
    Asking about defeating payware protection is against the Code of Conduct. It is understandable that a payware creator who spends hundreds of hours producing high quality works would want to protect their source of income against pirates who think nothing of ripping off other people's hard work for their own entertainment.

Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    Are you serious?? Payware is supposed to be protected cause it's payware NOT freeware, and even then some freeware has statements that they are not to be copied or altered as well depending on the author. I can't believe you said that.
    I could edit payware in TS12, why all the sudden its frowned apon in TANE. Plus the whistle for a big boy locomotive is on a berkshire and i am supposed to be ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Asking about defeating payware protection is against the Code of Conduct. It is understandable that a payware creator who spends hundreds of hours producing high quality works would want to protect their source of income against pirates who think nothing of ripping off other people's hard work for their own entertainment.

Graeme
    But the C&O Kanasha came with the game, why is is payware when its built-in, plus its for my own use its never gonna get to other people there is never ever gonna be money involved.

AND like I keep saying, A Berkshire has a Big Boy whistle on it, its not right

Blog Entries

... plus its for my own use its never gonna get to other people there is never ever gonna be money involved.
    I would believe you but as a former President of yours, Ronald Raygun once said - "Trust but verify". If I were a payware content creator I would want to have a guarantee that my hard work would not be misused for the financial gain of others, no matter how honest they were.

AND like I keep saying, A Berkshire has a Big Boy whistle on it, its not right
    There is absolutely nothing stopping you from creating your own Berkshire with a genuine Berkshire whistle if it is that important to you.
    TRS19 Plus build 111951 and build 113142