.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: How do you Modify Payware Content T:ANE

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    I would believe you but as a former President of yours, Ronald Raygun once said - "Trust but verify". If I were a payware content creator I would want to have a guarantee that my hard work would not be misused for the financial gain of others, no matter how honest they were.



    There is absolutely nothing stopping you from creating your own Berkshire with a genuine Berkshire whistle if it is that important to you.

    I would and honestly would had created a lot by now if I knew how to do that, plus its just a whistle change and everything would be fine. Also making my own berkshire would still make the C&O berkshire that's in game already and used in route sessions still have the incorrect whistle when playing said sessions.

    Honestly a question I should've asked in the first place was why did auran/N3V put the C&O Kanawha in the game with the wrong whistle in the first place?
    Last edited by Infantry99; July 20th, 2021 at 09:06 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States of America, TX, Houston
    Posts
    808
     

    Default

    The TRS19 version doesn't have the big boy whistle. Its not payware and edits can be submitted. Maybe the T:ANE version is different?


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Sydney
    Posts
    7,772
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    As duddun2 reported above, the TRS19 version has as a dependency <kuid:800145:100120> C&O 2-8-4 Kanawha 1 Chime Hooter and is Trainz build 3.5 (that is a TS12 build number). Then it could possibly be used in the T:ANE version. But you would have to have TRS19 to be able to get it.
    TRS19 Plus build 111951 and build 113142

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
    The TRS19 version doesn't have the big boy whistle. Its not payware and edits can be submitted. Maybe the T:ANE version is different?

    For some reason mine has "Kanawha_bell_improved" by ocemy himself

    This all dont make sense to why the TANE version has differnte kuid's then the TRS19 one
    Last edited by Infantry99; July 20th, 2021 at 10:42 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Churchill
    Posts
    2,259
     

    Default

    Probably because the loco has been updated for TRS19 which would account for the different KUIDs. There is a lot of upgraded technology in TRS19

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Probably because the loco has been updated for TRS19 which would account for the different KUIDs. There is a lot of upgraded technology in TRS19
    But if the whistle got updated for TRS19 why not change the whistle to match in TANE? I literally just need a single kuid changed

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Churchill
    Posts
    2,259
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infantry99 View Post
    But if the whistle got updated for TRS19 why not change the whistle to match in TANE? I literally just need a single kuid changed
    Why don't you just buy TRS19 instead of moaning about what T:ANE can't do?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,413
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infantry99 View Post
    But if the whistle got updated for TRS19 why not change the whistle to match in TANE? I literally just need a single kuid changed
    I'd suggest contacting the help desk with your specific problem.

    Warning, there may not be a solution that is satisfactory to you.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Why don't you just buy TRS19 instead of moaning about what T:ANE can't do?
    Because I dont have $2000 to buy a new PC just to play a $35 game with the same content I already payed $20 for.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    I'd suggest contacting the help desk with your specific problem.

    Warning, there may not be a solution that is satisfactory to you.

    I did and I basicly just got told to buy TRS19

    I gotta spend $2,035 just to change a whistle

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    80
     

    Default

    If you're experienced with Trainz Content Creation, you could replace the whistle through the so-called "aliasing" method already in T:ANE without the need for TRS19. If you are not familiar with content creation though you'll have a very hard time trying to get it to work this way. There is no easier way of replacement under TRS19 neither though.
    German script developer working with Greencoast Studios

    "It's always more fun to share with everyone" - Jack Johnson


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurinlaki View Post
    If you're experienced with Trainz Content Creation, you could replace the whistle through the so-called "aliasing" method already in T:ANE without the need for TRS19. If you are not familiar with content creation though you'll have a very hard time trying to get it to work this way. There is no easier way of replacement under TRS19 neither though.
    Yeah I dont know much in the ways of content creation, I just enjoy playing the game as a hobby.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Posts
    1,812
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    Any chance you can find the one who created that engine and shoot them an email ? Too bad asking a question here is regarded as "moaning".
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    Any chance you can find the one who created that engine and shoot them an email ? Too bad asking a question here is regarded as "moaning".
    I did but only his auran account and he hasn't been on since january 2020 as well as him not speaking english. So I doubt I'll get a response

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
    Posts
    395
     

    Default

    infantry99:
    This idea might work:
    Why not try and obsolete the payware whistle asset (in your own copy of T:ANE) and divert it to your own customized whistle.
    In your favourite whistle config.txt use the obsolete table and add the whistle assets you don't want.
    Open your favourite whistle kuid asset for editing in Content Manager or AssetX, then edit the config.txt file.
    Save it and commit the file.
    Last edited by davies_mike57; July 22nd, 2021 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Amended the text.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •