Thread: How much would it cost to purchase every item on JR in one go?

Question How much would it cost to purchase every item on JR in one go?

I'm bored so I just had this idea in my head. "How much in total would it cost to buy EVERY item of payware from the JR website?" Sort of like how Railworks is well known already for having over $8000 worth of DLC just on Steam alone.
    Go on. Get calculating and let's see your estimations. This is just for a little fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    More than 4
    Obviously. Assuming you mean more than $4 in total. More like $400 or maybe more?

Hmm, I've had this very question in my head for months.
    If we take each locomotive and make each price for 1 locomotive regardless of their original price $15.00 (rounded up from $14.99), and there are 23 pages of locomotives with 20 on each page (subtract 8 locomotives because of the 23rd page), we get $6,780 USD.

To further complicate things, include the $10.00, $5.00 and $12.00 locomotives and disregard locomotive packs and freeware. Found the math too much for my brain, lets see what you guys can come up with!

TL;DR: Trainz probably has more payware than Railworks, Jointedrail's Lifetime Membership is definitely worth it (you save somewhere around $4k USD to maybe even $5k USD, pretty much pays for itself) and we haven't counted RRMods and other sites yet.

Blog Entries

Well, give them $3500 and you get unlimited access to all current and upcoming content. So at least that much.

Matt
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, 3.7GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 GPU, 8GB GDDR5
    16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
    1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD + 4TB HDD

I should have mentioned at the start that buying the $3500 lifetime doesn't count. I'm talking as if you wanted to buy each item individually. Also now thinking about it. Who would splash out a four figure sum in one go on a virtual train game ever?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slenderman8888 View Post
    ...Who would splash out a four figure sum in one go on a virtual train game ever?
    I think if I had that much money I could burn I would do it. It's really a great value and it gets better as time goes on. There's just that upfront cost.

Matt
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, 3.7GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 GPU, 8GB GDDR5
    16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
    1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD + 4TB HDD