Beta 113142 - Port Zyd and Portal/Central Portal Command weirdness

1611mac

- - . -
I posted in the 113142 Plus beta release thread that the Portals in latest TRS-19 Port Zyd were not working for me in 113142.

I’ve done some checks, including re-downloading the route, sessions. I also verified Portal and CPC were the same asset numbers as previous release (in 111951 works fine).

What I have discovered is this: If I select Black Nuggets session and launch with “Drive Session” no trains are emitted (via CPC) from the portal. (Again, it works fine in 111951).

But.. If I hit EDIT session and then go straight to Driver, the portal emits trains as expected.

May I ask anyone with TRS-19 Port Zyd and beta 113142 to run Black Nuggets and see if it is common to the beta or if I have something going on here.. (and yet again, exact same route/session and portal/CPC asset versions work fine in 111951 for me.)

If possible could someone check doing a “Run Session” verses an “Edit Session” and straight to Driver.

That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I tried to help but when I downloaded the route it said it was pay ware not active. I tried to DL the older version which is not pay ware but it will not load in game. I can not delete the pay ware one now so I am really stuck.

I posted in the 113142 Plus beta release thread that the Portals in latest TRS-19 Port Zyd were not working for me in 113142.

I’ve done some checks, including re-downloading the route, sessions. I also verified Portal and CPC were the same asset numbers as previous release (in 111951 works fine).

What I have discovered is this: If I select Black Nuggets session and launch with “Drive Session” no trains are emitted (via CPC) from the portal. (Again, it works fine in 111951).

But.. If I hit EDIT session and then go straight to Driver, the portal emits trains as expected.

May I ask anyone with TRS-19 Port Zyd and beta 113142 to run Black Nuggets and see if it is common to the beta or if I have something going on here.. (and yet again, exact same route/session and portal/CPC asset versions work fine in 111951 for me.)

If possible could someone check doing a “Run Session” verses an “Edit Session” and straight to Driver.

That would be much appreciated. Thanks.

FWIW, the same problem exists with the UnPortal-2 asset: no trains emitted when driving an existing session, like all my sessions in Roy's TRS19 CPR routes.
However, when making a test session in Surveyor, then (still in Surveyor) switching to Driver mode shows portals in UnPortal-2 emitting trains OK. Exiting Surveyor and
saving the test session, then opening it again in Driver shows no trains emitted.

I submitted a bug report on this a few days ago, Q/A could reproduce the issue and the problem has been forwarded to the devs. I suggest you do the same w.r.t. the
portals in the TRS19 Port Zyd sessions.

Last edited:
Yes.. it’s very flaky. I made a test route with same Portal/CPC setup and it worked fine. But the Port Zyd route is consistent in it’s non-working unless you “edit session” and then “Drive” then it works fine. To be clear... it’s not a Port Zyd issue but seems to be a 113142 issue.

Hi Greg --

I don't have access to the beta updates so I can't do any testing myself.

The session. Is it one of the original sessions with the pop-ups, direction arrows and bubbles? Or is it one of my Chuck & Joe sessions?

I've already had to update the Chuck & Joe sessions to work with SP3, Post #28:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...layout-updated-to-TRS19&p=1871344#post1871344

I certainly hope that I don't have to update the sessions with every TRS19 service patch.

Phil

Hi Phil. It’s the latest Route and Session but the problem is not with them. The session runs fine in 111951 which is an SP3 release. It’s only in the the latest beta 113142 that I see this issue. I’ll send in a Bug Report.

Back