TRS19 freezes after starting a task!

Astronom

Hi guys,

wanted to ask if anyone has the same problem as me.
After SP3 I can no longer play the track 'Fossil Fuels' from the track 'Kickstarter County'.
After starting the same, TRS19 immediately freezes completely. The only way to get out of this is to force quit the program.
Would be great if there are already solutions!

Greetings
Astronom

Not happening on my version (Beta build Platinum, 113142).
Have you checked for any Faulty and 'Out of Date' or 'Open for Edit' assets in Content Manager? Run an Extended Database Repair?
Does the old T:ANE version of this Kickstarter County route in TRS19 show any errors?
If you cannot find any issues in Content Manager, and if the session still freezes after running the DBR, then I'd suggest backing up your UserData folder and then installing the latest beta patch for TRS19-Platinum to get you to the current build 113142.
Try again there. This new patched version fixed many errors found in Service Pack 3. Seems to run really well, too.
Good luck with this quest.

If you have completed all the checks listed by PC_Ace above and still no joy, check to see if TRS19.exe is in your AV programs exclude from realtime scanning list.

Hi everyone/Tony_Hilliam,
To whom it may concern,

I am reporting that on behalf of TRS19 Build 111952 (Steam) that after clicking on the Drivers window page in Driver Mode TRS19 turns to frozen ice after running a database repair and still no luck on defrosting it back. Same thing happened as usual. FYI, I have at least 50 trains (user created) on the route with no portals despite the portals are broke.
I am operating this under a session timetable I created earlier this year.

Trred leaving it for a day the ice is still hardly packed. 911 Windows Task Management was called in to suspend TRS19 with no other choice but to expect to wait for the next patch or upgrade to Platinum.

I hope N3V can observe my point of view according to my situation so it can be fixed. If I’m operating a session I personally expect 0 troublesome drivers to stick to the timetable as well as the screen not turning into frozen ice whenever I have to do manipulations like opening up the drivers window dialog to check up on other trains rather than having to fly 1000km to find it.
The drivers in-game have to abide my strictness since it is my route and sessions after all.
Thanks,
Random Sandwich

There is not enough information in the above post to offer an opinion on possible causes.

at least 50 trains (user created)

Do you mean you created the rolling stock yourself, or are they from the DLS, DLC, builtin or third party web sites. A list of KUIDs would be very useful.

a session timetable I created earlier this year

I am presuming that the "session timetable" consists of rules and/or driver commands. Details please - kuids and settings.

The problem could easily be with faulty assets (e.g. scenery items) that you have included in your route - they would have to be eliminated one-by-one to identify any possible causes there.

As I stated at start, not enough information in your post.

Hello folks,

first of all, thank you all for the feedback.
The recommended measures have all been carried out several times. Even complete reinstallations did not bring any success.
Unfortunately, I cannot follow the recommendation to install the BETA build. This is certainly a Windows version. I have not yet come across a beta for Mac OS.

Greetings
Astronomer

Astronom - Set your Trainz Update stream to "TRS19 beta" from the Trainz Settings, Install tab on Launcher.
There's a new, even more reliable build available that has fixed quite a few bugs and issues with SP3. (113547)
Recommended.
In my opinion, the Fossil Fuels session is still best played using T:ANE, the Trainz build that originally introduced the 'Kickstarter County' route and its sessions.
While it might look a little better in TRS19, the gameplay and scripting is somewhat different, and Fossil Fuels runs more reliably in T:ANE SP4 105766.

Another thought is that you have not brought over into TRS19-Platinum all of the freely available T:ANE built-ins to ensure that the included T:ANE routes and sessions run well in TRS19.
Suggest check the Content Store in your TRS19-Platinum build to see if your have brought all of those T:ANE content items over. (If not, Install them).

Last edited:
I checked again, there is no TRS19 BETA offered on my end!
How should I check if all the content from TANE came over to TRS19?

Greetings
Astronom

One thing you can do is install the DLC "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19".

1. From the TRS19 Launcher, select Content Store
  2. Type TANE into the Search box (just to narrow down the list)
  3. Scroll down to find "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19".
  4. Click Install

Thank you for the tip.
But the asset was already installed.
I have just flattened everything again. Also the folder with the contents. I noticed that TRS19 was installed twice. The only difference was that the one installation had the addition App.
Now TRS19 is newly installed and also only once, so far!
Kickstarter County 2 is obviously in the installation. Is the only track that is present in the game.
Should I install Kickstarter County first, or the asset first?

Greetings
Astronom

No, I meant in what order should I install my purchased content and objects.
I will put the 'Additional TANE Assets for TRS19' on hold and install it at the very end.
I will also install only 'Trainz Route: Kickstarter County (TANE)'.
Then I will see if the error occurs again with the task 'Fossil Fuels'.

Back