Path object locked by deleted path

justinroth

I'm having an issue with EIT. I deleted two paths and made a new one, basically just the previous two combined. In surveyor the entry signal shows green but once in driver it turns red and can't be activated. IT Enhanced Manager rule is telling me
ITP_PATH_NOT_SET
path not activable
retry thread inactive
some path objects are locked

under "path object ressources" one junction says "Path object has no tower owner. Path object is locked by [IT Milton Subdivision]*[cp lynch nb].

"cp lynch nb (it was named in all caps "CP LYNCH NB") is the name of a path I deleted a while ago. I've tried restarting Trainz to no avail. I'm stumped?

I cloned the route and session, renamed the junction, deleted the EIT, added a new one and named things differently. Getting the same errors.

"Initialisation error"

tower-error.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tower manager in surveyor

manager-surveyor.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

View details
view-details.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Viewing runtime mission code path
mcp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tower manager in driver
manager-driver.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Clicking on "view details" does nothing.

Hi Justin.

clearly if you have encountered this situation it is a bug : there is a lot of script code when starting a session, when switching back and forth from surveyor to driver, to detect changes done while in surveyor and releasing ressources no longer needed, but … if you have encountered this problem it means there is still some pitfalls in these a bit touchy script codes …

First, can you save a copy of your now faulty session and route (no dependencies needed) and send me the stuff in a cdp with some comments on which junction remains locked, so that I try to fix the pitfall …

After that to overcome the problem, Logical locks on junctions or other map objects references their map object by its internal Trainz GameObjectID and also by its name. I am afraid that to overcome the problem you will need to delete and recreate the junction (to change the internal Trainz GameObjectID) and also its name. And of course after that you will have to edit all paths using this junction so that the paths reference are also updated. As this way there will be no longer any reference to the initial gameobjectid and name, the junction should now be considered unlocked …

Sorry for the disturbance.
I will certainly work hard so that such situations can be detected and auto fixed in some future version of EITs.

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi Justin.

clearly if you have encountered this situation it is a bug : there is a lot of script code when starting a session, when switching back and forth from surveyor to driver, to detect changes done while in surveyor and releasing ressources no longer needed, but … if you have encountered this problem it means there is still some pitfalls in these a bit touchy script codes …

First, can you save a copy of your now faulty session and route (no dependencies needed) and send me the stuff in a cdp with some comments on which junction remains locked, so that I try to fix the pitfall …

After that to overcome the problem, Logical locks on junctions or other map objects references their map object by its internal Trainz GameObjectID and also by its name. I am afraid that to overcome the problem you will need to delete and recreate the junction (to change the internal Trainz GameObjectID) and also its name. And of course after that you will have to edit all paths using this junction so that the paths reference are also updated. As this way there will be no longer any reference to the initial gameobjectid and name, the junction should now be considered unlocked …

Sorry for the disturbance.
I will certainly work hard so that such situations can be detected and auto fixed in some future version of EITs.

Regards.
Pierre.

I appreciate your work and response. I have sent an email.

Back