Autodrive through and EIT-MCM

justinroth

I'm wondering what commands to use for my schedule library? I used to use "autodrive through" a series of trackmarks and after each trackmark I would have a Itsetpath command. I'm setting up mission code manager mainly so I can have 2nd and third priority paths if a train needs to run around a stopped train in a siding. Using autodrive through trackmark won't work because the trains path could change therefor it won't be on the track containing the trackmark. Do I just issue a "drive" command after setting the mission code and let it go?

Hi

There is a driver comand on the DLS called "Autodrive via either trackmark" kuid:368725:60007 author "elstoko". I've not tried it in that situation but it may do what you require.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
I use EIT/MCM to set up the complete path and use only one track mark at the end of the route and autodrive through that TM.

I use EIT/MCM to set up the complete path and use only one track mark at the end of the route and autodrive through that TM.

Same here. I only use trackmarks that are located on a tracks that are common to all possible paths (via mission code(s)) for a train, such as on single track, or near the end of the train's journey as suggested by KenRouf.

Same here. I only use trackmarks that are located on a tracks that are common to all possible paths (via mission code(s)) for a train, such as on single track, or near the end of the train's journey as suggested by KenRouf.

Makes sense, just felt off giving the a.i. that much freedom :D

Hi Justin.

MCPathStop and AutoDriveToMCPathStop have been designed and implemented for solving this problem.

An MCPathStop is only a scripted track mark for which you can set a logical stop name (only a string). Several MCPathStops can share the same logical stop name. And AutoDriveToMCPathStop will Autodrive a train to the first MCPathStop encountered along a track with the target logical stop name for the driver command.
So you can add one MCPathStop on each of your eligible paths, sharing the same logical stop name and add to your schedule an AutoDriveToMCPathStop to this logical stop name. Depending on the final path choosen by MCM the train will end its command to one of the added MCPathStop sharing the same target logical stop name.
That is how the EIT DemoRoute - UK 1 supports auto driving to any of the terminal station platforms : on each platform there is a MCPathStop sharing the name of the station as a shared logical stop name. So whatever platform and path is choosen by MCM, the train has in its schedule the same driver command AutoDriveToMCPathStop with the target station name as target logical stop name…

A few other things about MCPathStop :

MCPathStops have some other parameters that can be set. You can define for a MCPathStop a maximum number of coaches or a maximum length for the train : trains with more coaches or with a length superior to the maximum length will ignore this MCPathStop. This enables to have on the same track two or more MCPathStops one for short trains and one for lengthy trains (when maximum number of coaches or length is 0, the MCPathStop is valid for all trains).

Currently AutoDriveToMCPathStop is equivalent to an AuToDriveTo to the first valid MCPathStop with the target logical name found along the path taken by the train. There is currently no AutoDriveViaMCPathStop and I may understand you would be interested in such a command. If you are interested let me know as it should be only a small development to add such an AutoDriveViaMCPathStop (about 1 week delay when it will be planned ….)

hope this helps.
Regards.
Pierre.

Hi Justin.

MCPathStop and AutoDriveToMCPathStop have been designed and implemented for solving this problem.

An MCPathStop is only a scripted track mark for which you can set a logical stop name (only a string). Several MCPathStops can share the same logical stop name. And AutoDriveToMCPathStop will Autodrive a train to the first MCPathStop encountered along a track with the target logical stop name for the driver command.
So you can add one MCPathStop on each of your eligible paths, sharing the same logical stop name and add to your schedule an AutoDriveToMCPathStop to this logical stop name. Depending on the final path choosen by MCM the train will end its command to one of the added MCPathStop sharing the same target logical stop name.
That is how the EIT DemoRoute - UK 1 supports auto driving to any of the terminal station platforms : on each platform there is a MCPathStop sharing the name of the station as a shared logical stop name. So whatever platform and path is choosen by MCM, the train has in its schedule the same driver command AutoDriveToMCPathStop with the target station name as target logical stop name…

A few other things about MCPathStop :

MCPathStops have some other parameters that can be set. You can define for a MCPathStop a maximum number of coaches or a maximum length for the train : trains with more coaches or with a length superior to the maximum length will ignore this MCPathStop. This enables to have on the same track two or more MCPathStops one for short trains and one for lengthy trains (when maximum number of coaches or length is 0, the MCPathStop is valid for all trains).

Currently AutoDriveToMCPathStop is equivalent to an AuToDriveTo to the first valid MCPathStop with the target logical name found along the path taken by the train. There is currently no AutoDriveViaMCPathStop and I may understand you would be interested in such a command. If you are interested let me know as it should be only a small development to add such an AutoDriveViaMCPathStop (about 1 week delay when it will be planned ….)

hope this helps.
Regards.
Pierre.

I think this will do the trick. I simply need one for each track at the end of the lines in the route. This is provided that I can get EIT to work again :eek:

Hi Justin.

hope this helps.
Regards.
Pierre.

Yes, Pierre, the AutoDriveViaMCPathStop would be very welcome. On my route there are trains, that pass a station without stopping. But the passing-track depends of the tracks that are free. At this moment I work with AutoDriveToMCPathStop: the path is then correct, but the train stops. I would like to drive through.

Regards,
Jos

Last edited:
Hi Justin.

hope this helps.
Regards.
Pierre.
Guys where are the instructions for this wondrous autodrive? I have autodrive to next path stop and autodrive timetable, but nothing to set a timetable or a path stop.

Back