TRS12 Route Recommendations

passengerpigeon

Does anybody have recommendations for freeware routes compatible with TRS12, preferrably passenger-focused ones, that come with a lot of different sessions? I am wondering because I'd like to "deconstruct" them in order to learn how to make my own sessions.

Trainz Product Identity Codes

Hi passengerpigeon,

When referring to "TRS12" did you mean the Train Simulator 12 (TS12) or the T;ANE (Trainz A New Era) or the TRS2019 product ?

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious that the OP means TS12? Since I have no idea how TRS12 could be reffering to TANE or TRS19. In my books TRS12 always equals Trainz Railroad Simulator 12. Don't mean to be rude or anything, just pointing it out.

Since the OP doesn't seem to have registered a copy of TS12 but does have a copy of TANE I think it is fair to ask what is meant by TRS12. But more to the point, the OP should forget TS12 and focus on TANE since you are far less likely to have compatibility issues and what you learn will be more useful. I'm not aware of many USA routes that feature passenger service other than in the northeast corridor. If you want to learn the basics look for routes from the UK and the EU. Passenger service is very big there and you are likely to find routes with passenger sessions.
I would suggest some but to be honest passenger sessions bore me to tears.

If you want a USA route and use passengers, the Port Tillamook route is set up for that and a ton(ne) of industries as well. Simply looking at (edit) any session will give you an idea of how they are made, noting that different people have different styles.

Since the OP doesn't seem to have registered a copy of TS12 but does have a copy of TANE I think it is fair to ask what is meant by TRS12.

I bought TANE on Steam, found that it didn't run on my computer at any sort of acceptable framerate despite it technically meeting the minimum requirements, got a refund for it, and then bought Trainz 2012 instead. For some reason, the TANE tag didn't go away from the forum thingy and the TRS2012 tag still isn't there; if people really think I pirated the game I can post a screenshot from Steam proving otherwise. I might upgrade to a new high-end gaming laptop this summer; if I do, would you recommend rebuying TANE or going up to TRS2019?

Yeah, I just bought TS12 from Steam (Actually Amazon, but it goes to Steam), and it doesn't show on my timeline either. I haven't looked yet, but TS2009 had a Marias Pass passenger route and session that you could actually sit in the passenger cars and ride. If that is also in TS12 you could have a look at that.

You need to open a ticket with the helpdesk to get TS12 added to your gamelist. The connection between Steam and N3V doesn't work all the time.

TS12 is fine for learning as long as you understand that many assets have been updated for TANE and TRS19 and you have to be careful when downloading items that they will work in TS12. My advice is still to check out UK routes for learning how passenger sessions work. Look on the DLS for the sessions first then it will download the route that the session runs on.

I would suggest some but to be honest passenger sessions bore me to tears.

Oh, I just realised that term was ambiguous - by "passenger scenarios" I mean a scenario where you drive a scheduled passenger train, not scenarios where you just watch the AI drive it.

Ah! Ok. I was thinking you might want one with AI scheduled stops to deconstruct, hence the Marias Pass suggestion. I see I have Balzino - Mosti in my TS12, but that is probably because I bought the 2019 version. It has passenger sessions you drive and have to make scheduled stops.

Back