TRS19 & TRS19 PE Beta - 113142

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
A new beta build is now available using TRS19 Beta or TRS19PE Beta.

This build updates TRS19 SP3 build 111951.

Known Issues:

• Track 'Apply Gradient' tool only working on end track sections
  • Multiple Copy/Paste operations hang the game (avoid this!)
  • Nav point stalks not hidden by F5
  • Quickdrive leaves you in Surveyor (workaround is to exit and Drive Session)
  • "Navigate to" command will freeze or crash

If there are other issues identified please let us know using our official Trainz Bug Report form.

Changelist:
Please note, some bugs were edition-specific and not present in all editions or builds.

• Fix for reversed locos causing coupler break exiting portals
  • Fix for long loading time in MP
  • Fix to some track segments not rendering (missing tracks)
  • Copy/paste now working again (see known issues)
  • Floating objects now appear in their correct location
  • Custom filtering with a date in CM now returns correct results
  • Moving industry objects off the baseboard no longer allowed
  • Several MPD and MPS assertions fixed
  • Cloned custom picklists now working for all assets
  • Removed the two unsupported water effects bindings (feature coming in S20)
  • Water effect layers no longer cause threading assertion on map load
  • Dynamic brakes are now working when travelling backward
  • Driver "under water" overlay no longer renders on top of the HUD
  • Wheelslip sound no longer playing on Steam locos under DCC control
  • Fix - Script regulator = GetEngineSetting("regulator"); returns 0
  • Fix - Steam locomotive controls 'reverse' when heading reversed
  • Fix the driver list allowing multiplayer clients to delete drivers (leading to sync errors)
  • Fix - MP - focus to player is greyed out
  • Fix - Multiplayer trains frequently drawn with incorrect orientation
  • Fix - Minimap consist names don't move with consist
  • Fix - Moving the camera along a consist using -/= gets "stuck".
  • Fixed Safety Valve sound
  • Fix - Object adjust height tool is jumpy/uncontrollable using ctrl or shift modifier keys
  • Fix - Newly added layers are not shown to user until the layer tab is reopened
  • Fix - Assertion when moving a trackside object from session to route layer.
  • Fix - Assertion placing traincars - ReplicationManager::CreateDynamicNodeFromNetwork
  • Fix - MPS "Find" not very robust wrt/ streaming
  • Fix - MPS route not saving client location
  • Fix sorting of multiplayer routes/sessions in the menu
  • Fix - MPS/Surveyor keyboard shortcuts not working at startup
  • Fix - Trainz calls Cabin.UserSetControl() for each button in the cab every frame
  • Fix - Loco reduces momentum instantly when decoupling while moving
  • Fix - Fix a bug in route merge which was wiping the status of session layers
  • Add extra status validity checking in the LayerTable to catch cases which might do this again in the future
  • Add code to force correct the validity status of layers on load
  • Fix a stack overflow with carz
  • Fix a crash during surveyor train editing
  • Fix - Industry loses commodities in save game
  • Fix - Assertion during Copy Paste where height is selected
  • MeshObject clutter crash fix, and assorted minor allocation optimisations
  • Optimisation - Zooming to minimap and back forces visual regeneration
  • Several DRM server updates
  • Turntables no longer leaving tracks aligned unexpectedly when using UDS

Last edited:
Good to see Tony. Some of these bugs that have now been fixed have been the subjects of "hot" discussions in the forums.

All it takes is patience.

Peter

Excellent! Thank you. Appreciate your continued efforts.
Patch download and installation rapid, but the usual post-patch database repair took longer than usual with many old built-in assets still showing validation warnings (You'd think they should have been all resolved years ago, hey?)
Nice to see some of the previously unavailable items finally disappear from my Out of Date filter in Content Manager (e.g. Nickel Plate Road)
Ran TrainzUtil 'Prebuild' to pre-cache assets. Looking forward to testing.

Once very useful change I have noticed (this is my first Trainz Plus beta) is that my Picklists now appear as search filters in the Filter drop down list. This cuts out a few extra steps.

What stream are we using? I have 113142 and after entering TRS19 as the stream I get a "no updates available" message.

John

JohnnyC1 - You are already on the latest Build (113142). The patch is to bring Build 111951 users up-to-date with this beta build.
Includes TRS19-Platinum users like pware and myself...
Includes some very useful fixes for some issues that have plagued recent builds for a while.

My update gives me build 113142 and appears the sessions are broken for all existing routes as all the sessions I've tried display the RED BUG and session do not take you to the starting point and no drivers are allocated to consists?

Installed without any problems, including 10 minures for the DBR.

Still not fixed the animation speed of steam engine bogeys in DCC/AI mode. In Cab mode the animation of the main bogey is correct, in DCC/AI mode the bogey rotates at twice the correct speed.

Peter

This sentence confuses me. I have trouble to translate it. Any chance to re-phrase it a bit?

I suspect it means that some of the bugs in the list are only found in Trainz Plus (and not in TRS19 or TRS19PE) or in one of the new beta versions released after build 111951.

Build 113142 - Platinum Beta

Excellent thank you.
Installed fine with a dbr afterwards.

It is great having the up/down movement not jumping about when placing an item.
Plus, when the non beta patch is officially released, there will not be lots of face grimaces when trying to get an item placed decently in it's spot in my route. :D

My update gives me build 113142 and appears the sessions are broken for all existing routes as all the sessions I've tried display the RED BUG and session do not take you to the starting point and no drivers are allocated to consists?

All the sessions are working in a fresh install. I suggest you check in CM for the status of your content, restart, do a db repair.

I suspect it means that some of the bugs in the list are only found in Trainz Plus (and not in TRS19 or TRS19PE) or in one of the new beta versions released after build 111951.

Ah, something like "Please note, some bugs were edition-specific and not present in all editions or builds"

That works for me :)
Thanks!

Lockheed

We've identified that a script library included in some DLC can cause a script error. So this would explain why some users are having issues and others are not. We're working on a solution.

After updating I noticed something strange now happening with AI trains on grade.... in the past when they failed to stop at a red signal they went into emergency and after 2 minutes continued the schedule. Now when they fail to stop, they still go into emergency but continue to "roll" at 1 km/h downhill. The only way to stop them is to go into Edit Trains and manually stop the train by moving it.

Regarding the portal issue:
After some hours of running Trainz. There are no derailments with reversed locos but I still had occasional derailments with long trains that had 4-5 locos on the front. However the fix I recommended in the other thread solves the issue.

Hi Williamg and anyone who is fed-up with derailments in full track, while coupling, while shunting etc at any speed on any random spot.

N3V please do someting about the phisics and performance.

After almost 15 years of developping a massive route (approx 800MB) with about 100 trains running), my TrainZ ethousiasm is fading with every patch and encountered errors in once flawless assets.

Still hoping for the better

TRS17985 - you'll need to provide a lot more information about the exact problems you are seeing.

As far as I know, there are no open issue regarding derailments while coupling. It is unlikely things are "random" although the exact cause can be difficult to identify.

Williamg - thanks for the report. Is this with all locos? Long trains only? We'll probably need KUIDs, track gradient etc to be able to reproduce.

Last edited:
TRS17985 - you'll need to provide a lot more information about the exact problems you are seeing.

As far as I know, there are no open issue regarding derailments while coupling. It is unlikely things are "random" although the exact cause can be difficult to identify.

Williamg - thanks for the report. Is this with all locos? Long trains only? We'll probably need KUIDs, track gradient etc to be able to reproduce.

Regarding this, it seems to be related to the loco "mass" in the config. From what I found, is that everything blow a mass of 80000 has issues with braking downgrade under AI control and its totally regardless of the train weight.
So for some reason now the more mass the loco has the better the braking is(?) I figured.

As for the derailments since they still happen to me too: for me its the AI trains that split/derail (Long trains especially) even though with the update it seems they became a bit more stable. I had no more derailments with trains coming out of the portals after lowering the throttle float in the script as mentioned earlier.
It seems there a few factors causing this:
- When the game engine comes under load (by a Windows background process or a small hang due to the game itself (Dense scenery etc.) This is especially noticeable when all settings are on ultra or with many dynamic headlights from the locos at night... Trainz stutters and the trains break/derail.
- Under AI when going trough a trackmark (Drive via/Navigate via) the AI trains decelerate/accelerate really quick while passing the trackmark causing light cars to derail.
- Push-Pull consists seem to be troubling too, especially if the cars are too light and the train is long.
- AI trains fail to stop at red, causing crashes.
Most of these derailments seem to be loco pulling force, AI driving or train weight related.

Back