"Sorry, this session does not permit editing train placement"

darthNic

Trying to make a multiplayer game in Trainz19 on Kickstarter County 2 where I can edit trains after the session has started. No matter what I try, I get "Sorry, this session does not permit editing train placement"

I tried creating and uploading my own session where I made sure "Enable gameplay session mode" was disabled but even if I use the base built in Kickstarter country 2 multiplayer session, I cannot edit trains.

What do I need to do to be able to edit trains in multiplayer? I feel like this is a bug and not an issue with what I am doing.

I have trainz19 purchased through steam and I have tried verifying my files on Steam, and have used the Trainz launcher to rebuild the database.

Support's Answer

Hey Tony, thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread. Before I posted this thread, I did find the thread where you helped someone else out with the same issue and I followed the steps you had posted there to no avail.

I have tried making my own MP session and have it uploaded to the DLS. It does not work either.

After posting this thread, I actually opened a support ticket because from what the community was telling me, it sounded like I had a bug in my game.

Support replied with the following answer:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]With the latest updates to Trainz, we no longer support using the 'edit trains' tool when in multiplayer sessions as this can cause synchronization issues between players." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I hope they are able to get it fixed and back in the game soon, because if you are in a session that you have been playing for 2 hours and you derail a train, it's extremely frustrating [/FONT]

Hi folks!
I've faced with the same issue after installed my route (Motyvy UZ Multiplayer) to Trainz 2022 PE.
In Trainz 2019 I still have possibility to edit trains after starting a MP session.
By the way, I noticed if you make changes with trains before you click to "Start multiplayer session" in TRS 2019 session works fine.
As I can see, last message were made on Jul, 2021. Maybe something has changed for the better since then? :)

Back