The Future of Trainz 2019 on Windows

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hi guys, haven’t posted in a while but figured this would generate some response.

Since Microsoft’s latest announcement of Windows 11, that got me thinking about whether or not TRS2019, T:ANE and future versions would be supported with this new OS. I really don’t want to update, load up Trainz and have the game corrupt and delete everything I have in the game (payware, custom content, freeware, etc). I have this same issue with other games I’m in to (notably Minecraft) as well. I’m wondering now if TRS2019 will be patched to work with 11 when the time comes. I know this is a bit early to address this but now that many people have their hands on versions of this edition of Windows it seems like the question is screaming to be answered.

Thanks for all of you guys’ feedback on the situation!

DARTrider - Beta versions of Windows 11 have already proved to be a great OS host for Trainz versions - Check out the discussions in the appropriate forum here:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ows-11-is-coming-What-does-it-mean-for-Trainz

Shipping to the public in 2022, the final release versions should be far more stable and reliable than the current beta builds.
It builds on Windows 10 and currently really only constitutes a UI makeover more than it does any fundamental architectural changes to the OS.
Better baked-in security features require certain minimum hardware specification requirements (with that final spec still to be determined) so it won't install on all current systems.
The Dev crew at N3V have always kept the Trainz Game Engine up to date with Operating System evolutions on both Apple and Microsoft products at least, so you can relax and stop worrying. ;)
TRS19 and T:ANE will still run well on Windows 10 for years to come in any event, giving us all plenty of time to upgrade our system components to ensure continuity on Windows 11.

Hi guys, haven’t posted in a while but figured this would generate some response.

It seems to me that "generating response" is the only purpose in starting this thread. I think it is safe to assume that unless N3V wants to call it quits then Win 11 will be fully supported.

It seems to me that "generating response" is the only purpose in starting this thread. I think it is safe to assume that unless N3V wants to call it quits then Win 11 will be fully supported.
Surely generating response is the only purpose of any thread that's started?

Back