Stepping away from Trainz...

I'm' sorry to hear . You have been vary helpful with your incite and knowledge . Has put myself from the wrong track many times . But taking a break isn't a bad thing . So till next we hear from you . Be well and good luck .

Matt

This is very :( news to read this morning, but I do understand why you have decided to step away.

Wish you all the best.

Sharon.

John,

Will miss your frequent input in the forum. It was always a pleasure reading your comments.
Best wishes in everything you do!

I agree with the others, while there has been ups and downs, I also want to take the time to say thanks for the help with solving bugs that the simulator has had over time, enjoy your break, John, looking forward to the return, whenever the time permits.

As many here have stated, this has been totally unexpected. But your health and well-being are far more important than anything else, and that applies to hobbies as much as it does to work.

Best wishes John and I just know you will be back.

Regards Peter

Take care of yourself John, thanks for being such a font of knowledge.

I hope that N3V take note of the comments in this thread and have good think about them.

The one that caught my eye was in post #19

N3V is "wearing out" their customers.

Graham

Take care, John. You've been the most welcoming person on the forums and it has been a better place for having you here.
Cheers
Graeme

Understand John,
I took an 11 year break, mainly because it was conflicting with work and family
repairing content that actually is just fine is not fun.

This forum will not be the same without you here, your clear thinking, knowledge, kiss method
helped many of us almost dayly. From me a BIG thanks !

If you need anything (even custom made), to return your interest in Trainz
you may always mail/ask me, I will not mail or pm you as you requested
take care John! greetings GM

Piano tip: try Mussorsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, took me 2 year to master when I was 22

As my thread title says, I'm stepping away from everything Trainz for an unknown period of time. This feeling has been a longtime coming and not something that has happened overnight.

I'll put it bluntly. I'm tired, annoyed, really, really annoyed, and getting ready to ditch the bloody mess. I haven't done much with it for months, other than a bit of testing off and on for the new beta, and even that's going to stop. I've been Trainzing nearly non-stop since December 2003 and it's time to let it go for awhile. I tried multiple times to go through the routine of downloading new stuff, and then running my routes, but then I'll run a route, or fiddle with mine, but not for very long. I'll instead go off and practice the piano for two hours then use Cities Skylines for the rest of the day, or NIMBY Trains, or something else.

In case you're wondering, there's nothing wrong with the routes other than the usual crap we've been dealing with for decades. It's the same crap day in and day out and this is becoming too much like a job and less of a hobby. It's time to walk away and retire or go into semi-retirement.

With that said, don't PM me because I won't be responding to any PMs and I won't be frequenting the forums for anytime soon.

........Say it ain't so...........OUCH ! I must be still asleep and having a bad dream. Oh man...this is not good.

Trainz and playing music are my most vital "hobbies".....if you can call them that. Where I'm stuck living now, for the last year, there's no room for my 2 Hammond organs and Leslie. Why 2 ......right ? ........So that leaves Trainz....my big escape to a better place, even though it's on a computer screen. ...but hey, this isn't about me.

There's a lot of people who have been seriously depressed over the last few months. I hope this blows over, John. I'll miss ya, buddy.......and so will many here.

BTW.........before you go........could you submit all the KUIDS that are contributing to your decision ? ................JUST KIDDING !!!

I'm gonna go back to sleep and when I get back on the forum, maybe this thread won't be here. It was just a bad dream. ( not that I'm trying to make you feel guilty or anything........:'()

Sad to see you go, John. Thanks for all the help you have given to the community and may you give help for many more years to come.

John

We will all miss your citric advice and anecdotes. If you do come back at some stage, be assured that your number of posts will still probably be holding the record.

Stay safe and well.

~ Deane

Last edited:
Hi John,

Your sentiments are very similar to mine, I have stepped away quite a bit for the last six months. I am not a regular any more and only look at the forums for interest sake and to see how many others feel the same way as I do.

Look after your self,
Cheers,
Bill69

Your many contributions here on the forum were quite illuminating, and thanks for posting on my questions as well. Here's hoping you have a chance to decompress and enjoy your music.

Hello John,

Sometimes it really is the Pause that refreshes, I truly believe in that.

You have been wonderful to work with, a Sage of Advice, both Balanced and appropriate, what else is there to say John, you are a Prince of Gentleman........:)

Take care of your Health, that is number one Priority above all else........;)

So long Old Friend........:wave:

I came back to Trainz very recently after a couple of years off for several reasons, but total disenchantment with the eternal same-old-same-old was certainly high on the list, so I hear you John. You'll be missed...

Cheers

Back