Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stepping away from Trainz...

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Default Stepping away from Trainz...

As my thread title says, I'm stepping away from everything Trainz for an unknown period of time. This feeling has been a longtime coming and not something that has happened overnight.

I'll put it bluntly. I'm tired, annoyed, really, really annoyed, and getting ready to ditch the bloody mess. I haven't done much with it for months, other than a bit of testing off and on for the new beta, and even that's going to stop. I've been Trainzing nearly non-stop since December 2003 and it's time to let it go for awhile. I tried multiple times to go through the routine of downloading new stuff, and then running my routes, but then I'll run a route, or fiddle with mine, but not for very long. I'll instead go off and practice the piano for two hours then use Cities Skylines for the rest of the day, or NIMBY Trains, or something else.

In case you're wondering, there's nothing wrong with the routes other than the usual crap we've been dealing with for decades. It's the same crap day in and day out and this is becoming too much like a job and less of a hobby. It's time to walk away and retire or go into semi-retirement.

With that said, don't PM me because I won't be responding to any PMs and I won't be frequenting the forums for anytime soon.
    Last edited by JCitron; July 11th, 2021 at 10:26 AM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Good luck John, thank you for all your advice and help its always been greatly appreciated. I for one will miss your input and banter, Very best regards, Peter

Good luck in your future endeavors sir. I've appreciated the help and feedback you've given me over the years.

Wasn't expecting this.
    Going to miss you John, all the best for the future.
    Malc

I absolutely understand you, John. I have stopped my TRAINZ + sub recently for the same reason. I barely use Trainz anymore, there is no need to say more than what you wrote in your post. For now I am kind of 'done' with Trainz. Have fun with your other hobbies, you have been an invaluable problem solver for many of us, I won't forget you.

Ron

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

Thank you for your frequent contributions to the forum. You will be missed.
    Platinum 2019 Build 111951; 2019 SP1 Build 105096; TANE SP4 Build 105766
    I7-8700K; 1070Ti; Z370

It is my sincere hope that I will again get to read, learn, and be inspired by you. Enjoy your rest.

Dave

Good luck John, yours's has always been one of the common sense and balanced views of the game.

I can certainly sympathise, after the debacle with consists outlined in my thread the other day I think the two model routes I recently put out will be the last for some time. To be honest I'm becoming a bit disillusioned with all the train games, all seem to be stagnant and not going anywhere. Once you've experienced the photogrammetry of MSFS or the beautiful deformable realistic looking maps of Snowrunner, it is very hard to find much enthusiasm for the flat bland worlds of Trainz, the continuing lack of features that could make it really great (like proper autonomous timetable operation under AI controlled signalling we've been asking for many years now). Whole thing just seems stagnant, N3V seem more interested in pushing different versions of the same software than radical new changes to redefine the future, there's no roadmap for the future - even the News section on the Home page was last updated in 2019.
    Building In TRS19, Driving Trucks In Snowrunner

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

Wow I wasn't expecting this to happen but its understandable.
    I just want to thgank you for the information and for the answers to some of the problems I've encountered.
    Enjoy the other hobbies that are out there.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Best of luck for you John. If you're ever interested in coming down to Dalton, Georgia for some railfanning, send me a PM and I'll send you my E-Mail address so that we could meet up for lunch and have a nice chat. Dalton, Georgia was featured in Trains Magazine special edition Hot Spots, a guidebook for railfanning 'Hot Spots' across the country, and was published in 2018.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Good Luck John. Barry

I have to agree as well JC, I am sick of all this crap and I myself haven't done much with Trainz for a while now. I'm not leaving per say, because owning 2 active websites kinda requires your attention, lol. But I am just sitting more or less behind the scenes now.

South Africa, South Africa, Pretoria Gauteng

it happens John. Give it a beak we think you will be back, take care.
    World peace is a bit far off, lets work at Trainz peace for now

Oh dear me, yet another has announced they're 'leaving Trainz'... why announce it all? What's the point in such announcements? Quite honestly it's neither here nor' there to anyone!

Good luck to all!

Rob.

Thanks for all the help you have been to me in the past John. I really appreciate it, and I fully understand, as a lot of us are going through the same thing. In trying to be the ultimate sim, I think the level of complexity is just getting to be too much. Hope to see you back after a nice break, it is after all, still addictive! Best wishes!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.