Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stepping away from Trainz...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The one caveat I would add for John and anyone else (including myself) getting pee'ed off. Give going back to TANE a chance - it avoids most of the bloated baggage, numerous versions and old content looking like carp that TRS19 has brought. SP4 is pretty stable unlike where TRS19 is right now. Yes it might not look as pretty, but given you can't even save the extended post processing settings in TRS19 hardly a huge bother.
    Everything I have on my route that's really important at present is old like me. It looks better in TANE and I've yet to get the steam loco exhaust that I worked a long time on, in several versions of Trainz, to look right in TRS19 and I've tried. So thanks Vern for the good advice but I'm already there.

Frustration doesn't make for good gaming experiences not that I view Trainz as a game, it's definitely a simulation and a hobby. But now and then when I get too involved and frustrated stepping back is what happens.

Good luck John. We're only a couple of keystrokes away.

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by RPearson; July 22nd, 2021 at 01:12 PM.
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TRS19
    Member since 6-14-2002

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Hi guys and gals.

Yes, I have stepped away, but things have settled down a bit on the music front and I've given Trainz a poke off and on over the past few days. I happened to come by to read up on the beta, after I noticed a patch available, and had to say hi to everyone.

Anyway, here's the works I've been working on with lots more in the queue. These are still a work in progress and need little fixing here and there to bring them to the next level I need for recording and performance.

Alexandre Goria (1823-1860) Caprice-Nocturne Op. 6 in A-flat
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddtm7lqs8f...-flat.wav?dl=0

Louis Gottschalk (1829 - 1869) Morte!! She's dead!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw4hi5vi9n...ad%21.wav?dl=0

Chopin Nocturne No. 20 Op. Posth.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c4z5dy0hi...Posth.wav?dl=0

There are other pieces in the works that I hope to get good enough to perform in a small recital, or release on a “CD” in memory of my mom who passed away in December 2018, and also in memory of my first piano teacher who passed away in January of this year at 100 years.

These pieces are all recorded digitally on my Roland LX-17 digital piano. The Bechstein DG Concert grand piano you hear in the recordings exists only my PC, which is connected to the Roland via a USB-MIDI interface, and driven via the free ASIO4ALL driver. This piano and many others are part of a product called Pianoteq by Modartt. www.modartt.com.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Hi, John, is good to see you again.

John, I have just listened to Alexandre Goria (1823-1860) Caprice-Nocturne Op. 6 in A-flat and it was beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing your music with us.
    I will listen to your other two recordings today and i've taken the liberty of saving them to my own Dropbox account.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Nice work on those pieces John.

Blog Entries

Glad to learn that you've been keeping busy making music. Really enjoyed listening to the three pieces you presented. Looking forward to the time wen you get around to issuing a CD or a digital download. Bandcamp?
    Take of yourself.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

It's great to see you back 'in the swing' of things again John. It's surprising just how many people have missed your trainz input and advice.

Keep at it mate!

Cheers, Roy

I think John just took a side step away - a new build will always bring back a veteran - keeps me going.
    butler57

Ah, you came back John.

Good

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

I guess so. In that case - welcome back!

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Thumbs up

Good Day John,

Nice to see you drop in, and I truly believe in the Pause that refreshes, is key to one health all around. We sometimes, well, more than often abuse our Minds and Physical things to do with Body.

As for your Music, I just am setting up a new Lenovo Idea Pad, Laptop for travel n trips. 16RAM 1 Tera SSD.....And want to see how some Music sounds on it........Thank you for sharing your Music with us.

• Powerful up to 11th Gen mobile processors
    • Ultralight weighing only 2.9lbs/1.3kg
    • High resolution 13.3” QHD display for crisp visuals
    • IR camera for facial recognition, hands free login
    • Up to 18 hours* battery life & updated design keep processor cool