problem saving

stocky36

I seem to have got myself into mess with saving my current route I have been editing in the sessions window and now find that when I click on my save in route any buildings etc. I have used are not there so that my route is not up to date. I don't know how I have to this point but is there anyway of rectifying this?
thanks if you can help

It sounds like you've got stuff in the wrong place.

First open your route and do a save-as to make a backup in case things don't go as planned.

Once saved, open up the layers.
Click on Session layer and click on the merge button.
Choose Route layer.

Let it do its thing. Confirm any dialog boxes if there are any. I can't remember since I'm not at my Trainzing computer to confirm this.

The process may take a few minutes for the process to complete and hopefully things are straightened out in the end.

I went thru the moves you suggested but it has not solved the problem. I can carry on saving in the edit session window but then my route is never going to be up to date.
should you only make track updates in the edit session window? Do I need to go back and redo my alterations in the last version of the route? I don't remember having this problem in previous versions.
thanks for trying to help

I went thru the moves you suggested but it has not solved the problem. I can carry on saving in the edit session window but then my route is never going to be up to date.
should you only make track updates in the edit session window? Do I need to go back and redo my alterations in the last version of the route? I don't remember having this problem in previous versions.
thanks for trying to help

I'm sorry that didn't work.

Try doing the same procedure while in the session editor and not the route editor and see if that works instead.

All route edits should be done only in edit route and not the session. Track, track-objects, and anything else related to infrastructure is located on the route-layer and edited in the Route editor and not the Session editor. (I capitalized the names to be specific). This is where things went awry.

I never had issues with this previously either. In part it's the confusion due to lack of any indication where we are when we're editing. I've gone off and been absolutely busy fixing things only to find out I did this in the session. I found this out when I came across a consist and I have no consists setup in the route its self.

Once saved, open up the layers.
Click on Session layer and click on the merge button.
Choose Route layer.

If you have loaded in just the route and not the session (where the missing assets may be located) then the above will not work. You need to locate and load in the session before you can merge its layers with those in the route.

Do you have any sessions saved under the route that have the name "Default" (you may have several)? If so then load the Default session and then perform the merge as described above.

Back