After SP3 TRS19 stuck in Building Trainz Database

jeroen_bos

Trainz-Online co-owner
Subject: After SP3 TRS19 stuck in Building Trainz Database

Hello
After running the last SP my TRS19 stuck in Building Trainz Database.
The running stop at checking faulty asset files than windows task manager gives TRS19 don't react.
Things I've done;
• shut off antimaleware and virus scanner bit defender
• Reboot my system and turn of and on after a view minutes
• Reinstall TRS19 even so offline and online version
• Change from directory C: to D:

I think I need tot stop Trainz in almost 18 years

This problem still continue

When it sticks go to task manager and delete the operation. Also look in the list for other TRS files and delete the task. Exit task manager and re-launch Trainz and start the database rebuild again.

Clear by deleting the files in the cache/internet and cache/libraries folders.

This helps as well.

jeroen_bos - Still no progress? A few suggestions for you then...
Check that you have adequate spare hard disk drive space for database file operations to occur. They need plenty of headroom.
Increase your Virtual Memory (Page File) to a value at least 3 times larger than your physical DDR RAM memory.
If you can open Content Manager before the program attempts to run the DBR, then check the following filters and deal to any issues:
1. Faulty assets (Repair)
2. Open for Edit items (Revert) or (Submit edits)
3. Out of Date assets (Renew)

In Windows File Manager, Delete the contents of your TRS19 cache, internet folder (You'll find this directory in your UserData folder)
Then Copy your Local User Data folder safely to another location/ external hard drive.

Download and install the latest version of TRS19 from your MyTrainz profile on N3V's servers.
Do NOT match it up with your previously saved UserData files and folders yet.

Check that it is functioning correctly and run a quick Database Repair from the Developer Menu on Launcher.
It should complete without issues.

Configure the new installation's Trainz Setting menu parameters to your taste/ requirements.
If all is working well, then the time has come to attempt to reunite the program with your saved UserData folders, by Moving or Copying that folder to the location on your SSD or HDD where you'd prefer it to reside, and then entering the path to the UserData folder into the Install tab 'Local data folder' section of the Trainz Settings dialog before attempting to restart Trainz.
Exit the Trainz Settings dialog and at the Launcher's Developer Menu, press the Ctrl key plus click your mouse on 'Rebuild database' to run an Extended (or Full) Database Repair. (EDBR).
If you have sufficient Virtual Memory and available Hard Disk Drive space available as mentioned earlier, then this lengthy process should complete successfully and your Trainz installation will be reusable once again.
SP3 works well for the vast majority of users - so it should work well for you too.
Good luck in the Quest!

Last edited:
@PC_Ace

I've tried many things and I'm so desperate and desperate that I want to quit after 18 years.
But I'm going to try this and I want to thank you for your advice

• Several TRS19 SP 1 and 3
• remove D:\TRS19 Content\cache\internet
• turn off my virus-scanner
• remove my last downloaded content
• Uninstall and reinstall
• Turn-off all unnecessary programs I've talk about with other Trainz'ers they find It very strange that suddenly CM stops and than my system totally freeze so I had to reboot my PC Importing a large amount of content will be do stuck my CM database repair also stuck working

When you deleted TRS in task manager did you scroll down as there is another TRS file way down the list which is the one I think causes a problem?

Back