Question about new account and previously downloaded content.

SAUBER_KH7

Bullet Stream Liner
So I recently bought a new Gaming PC (pending delivery at the time of the writing of this post) and I am giving my old gaming PC to my Mother who is interested in playing Trainz with me. I will be buying her TRS19 Ultimate Edition on Steam (again, pending purchase), but understandably she won't have all of the paid DLC that I own. I plan on making some private sessions for us to play with but that's where I realized there was an issue I need to have addressed.

Before I explain the issue, a bit of context is in order:
I will be copying my installation of Trainz to my new PC and leaving the old installation on my old PC as is. So my question is: Will she be able to access all the freeware DLS content without issue, or will they need to be reinstalled? Also, will any payware DLC I left behind simply be disabled from use, or be removed from the database? I wanted to inquire about this in advance to avoid any possible complications.

EDIT: I also plan on ensuring the assets used in the route/session will be built-in/freeware DLC only to prevent conflicts.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
> Will she be able to access all the freeware DLS content without issue
She'll have to register the game to her account in order for her to download the DLS content. If transferring an existing content folder, then they'll remain installed.

>Also, will any payware DLC I left behind simply be disabled from use, or be removed from the database?
They'll remain installed but since her account won't be authorised to use those DLC's they will show up as inactive in content manager until she buys those DLC's, then they'll be reactivated again.

Cheers

Much Obliged! Glad to know at least the freeware will remain installed once I get her registered and ready to play.

Back