gen dd40 int TRS2019

nicola86

Hello; as many will know, many JR's locomotives use the object "gen dd40 int" as "cab interior", too bad that this object in TRS2019 gives an absurd amount of errors: now, since I don't want to throw all JR's locomotives in the toilet that make use of that interior, has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem?
Those who have succeeded and will respond to this request for help, I invite them to explain the solution step by step.
Thanks so much.

P.S. But it is possible that the further you go in the editions of Trainz and in particular this TRS2019 has become a beastly pain in the ass when it comes to the items it accepts ...

you are right the content manager is ruining the game. i have quite a few payware locomotives from JR that read modified, obsolete or modified missing items. i just came back from the loss of huge amount of personnel routes from the first patch. so when the 2nd patch came out i re-installed and now a large amount of assets are modified, faulty. these are things that worked fine before the first patch including all of JR payware. i was hoping to run some trains but i guess not.
ejb

you are right the content manager is ruining the game. i have quite a few payware locomotives from JR that read modified, obsolete or modified missing items. i just came back from the loss of huge amount of personnel routes from the first patch. so when the 2nd patch came out i re-installed and now a large amount of assets are modified, faulty. these are things that worked fine before the first patch including all of JR payware. i was hoping to run some trains but i guess not.
ejb

If anything shows up faulty, check for updates. There's a ton of asset updates that arrived just as SP3 came out. Updating the DLC, repaired many of the faulty JR content. Once you do that, I highly recommend checking for additional updates in Content Manager for non DLC assets.

For anything left over, you need to run an EDBR - hold CTRL while selecting repair database. Once completed, view errors and warnings on any faulty assets. The message should read no errors and warnings and the assets will still show errors. The screen is slow to refresh so exit that screen then go into faulty assets again to refresh the contents. You might have to do this a few times.

For any non-DLC content you updated, you should delete the obsolete assets.

Hello; as many will know, many JR's locomotives use the object "gen dd40 int" as "cab interior", too bad that this object in TRS2019 gives an absurd amount of errors: now, since I don't want to throw all JR's locomotives in the toilet that make use of that interior, has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem?
Those who have succeeded and will respond to this request for help, I invite them to explain the solution step by step.
Thanks so much.

P.S. But it is possible that the further you go in the editions of Trainz and in particular this TRS2019 has become a beastly pain in the ass when it comes to the items it accepts ...

I have a lot of JR's locos and none of them use that cab. Then I found a working Wayback Machine link to the archive of the VMD site. After downloading every bit of freeware I could from the archive, I tried installing one of the locos and found that the loco made 18 years ago did indeed use the above mentioned cab and the cab had many unfixable errors. Not really surprising that something with a trainz build of 1.3 has errors since in those days the only standard was does it appear in the game. It is absurd to suggest that N3V should maintain backwards compatibility to allow badly made assets to work in their newest version of software.

Here is your fix. Go to the JR site and download a new up to date cab and replace the faulty one in the config of the locomotive. They offer several cabs as freeware.

hello jcitron
i have so many modified obsolete in the payware locomotives that the game is totally unusable. with the first patch i lost all my personal routes. i still haven't recovered any of them. so i left the game. after the second patch i thought maybe. NOT i have lost way more than half of the payware locomotive plus a huge amount of the freeware and club car assets. all this stuff was usable in the non patched version of 2019. maybe n3v needs to put their beers down and try to fix the game. if there was a way to re-install 2019 without the patches i would probably go there. already tried. with the download you get the first patch. CRAP.
i have never seen a group that seems to relish in not fixing their products. it seems they come out with another trainz and it always has problems. maybe they should make it a little more user friendly. not all of us are computer wizards, we just like trains.
thank you
ejb
as it stands right now i have lost a lot of money. sure glad i didn't by the silver or gold plan.

i have downloaded everything on jr's site and entered it. i still need the gen dd40 int. i presently have 12 locomotives that are not usable. i haven't been able to find the said interior on the download station. this is really frustrating. maybe n3v should post a fix for the thing or jr.

hi EJB,
there is a thread in 3rd party Payware for JR stuff
<kuid:-25:537> DDA40X interior, is newer and built-in (here)
<kuid:-3:10085> gen dd40 int, the original Auran on DLS

make sure the interior tag in the config of the loc shows/links 1 of these kuids
besides that if someone makes payware, I would expect a custom made cab...
but hey that's an opinion, and they are like a......., everyone has 1
greetings GM

hate to be a nudge g.m. but the 3-10085 didn't do a thing. it keeps telling the 25-537 is missing. i have been trying to get these pay ware locos for three days. at what point does this game become fun??? for the life of me i don't understand why n3v would kill this asset. i don't drive the train from the cab. that is not my forte. i like building routes a watching them run. my question is why take this out of the game. the first game worked just fine, the first patch took all my personnel routes away. can't get them back.(years of building) most from trainz 2004. then the second patch and i lose twelve pay ware locos because this asset.
i only wish i could not have any of the patches they offered. and just get the origional game. however i still either way lose my work(fun).
thank you for your effort
ejb

<kuid:-25:537> 'DDA40X' interior is on the Download Station. If you download that it will obsolete the 'gen dd40 int' <kuid:-3:10085>.

DDA40X interior - jamesmoody
23rd January 2015

Description
Type: Miscellaneous | Version: TRS2004 | KUID: <KUID:-25:537> | Filesize: 3.15 MB | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 21493

You have to tick the TRS2004 box on the left if using the DLS webpage or put "DDA40X interior" in the search box while looking at the listing of the Download Station in CM.

Last edited:
Back