Why do my 4.3 assets not show in TRM17 CM

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
I have created assets with a build number of 4.3 and are available on the DLS. They however do not show up in the TMR17 CM. Why? TMR17 is build 4.4, which to me they should show up as available for download.

One example is this asset..

<kuid:647907:100518> CDE Goony Golf Sign Board

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

TMR17 is neither TANE nor TANE SP2. It was developed off of the TANE code, but fell in between with some features of the new service pack, but not everything. It's possible that your 4.3 assets are slightly different in a way that makes them incompatible with that version.

I have created assets with a build number of 4.3 and are available on the DLS. They however do not show up in the TMR17 CM. Why? TMR17 is build 4.4, which to me they should show up as available for download.

One example is this asset..

<kuid:647907:100518> CDE Goony Golf Sign Board

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

It's available but hidden because it failed validation on upload to the DLS. PEV's tools don't like the sign_art.tga file that I think may be compressed or in some variation of TGA. I don't know if TMR17 supports compressed image files.

That asset, and probably others you mentioned, are probably on the CRG's repair list. You might try resaving that TGA in an uncompressed format and uploading the asset with a bumped kuid. If it shows in TMR17 then repeat for the others that have the problem. That will also cause the faulty originals to be taken off the CRG list.

Last edited:
Okay, now this is weird. Today I checked and downloaded a random asset, then checked mine again. The CM spinny icon thing went on for longer than normal, and poof.. They now all show up and I was able to download all of them.

When I made them it was my intent to be able to have them in TANE, TMR17 and TRS19. So at 4.3 they will load into TMR17.

I just checked and it took an eternity to show all your assets. I also checked in TS19 and it wouldn't show any at all for several minutes and suddenly they all appeared. Weird indeed. Maybe there is a server issue or network congestion.

Forget what I said about your assets being on the CRG list as none of them are there. I should have checked.

Back