Vulcan is my hero of the day!!!

I know there are a LOT of us out there who model the Australian Queensland Sugar cane trams. ( No NOT Railroads)
Finally after so many years, Vulcan created and uploaded something we have so dearly needed. A Queensland style Sugar Mill!! Bundaburg Sugar for all!!!!
Not only that but there are new Bins, Cane, and a Great little Diesel to Boot!!!
Thank you so much Vulcan!!!! This Mill was so very needed!!!!

Thanks Wec, dino, much appreciated.

I have been doing a small map as a demo for how my crop duster aircraft work, not sure if it is worth uploading, but I was trying to use mostly my models, about 700 models. Many things I wanted did not exist, so I created them, ending up with about 500 new models to upload. Of course we cannot easily create trees now, so have used existing trees and ground textures and a few models that I cannot better! I refer to the excellent cows and sheep by dinorius redundicus - thanks dino. I am getting on a bit now so thought I should upload before they are lost.:)

I have been using libraries for the various figures I use, police, fire fighters, and other humans, from them I then make individual models you can place in Surveyor or attach them in the models through the config file. Subsequently I have had a few requests for new ones and am currently working on a series of golfing figures, bags, carts and the Golf Club, I will upload shortly. The club house will hopefully have an operating clock, you can see the new golfing figures in the pic:

golfclub.jpg

For the cane models, the only mill I could find was a very old built-in one, so made a new one. I have not made it an industry model, but used one of the invisible industry tracks to have a cane train operation, <kuid2:102376:63032:2> Multi Ind str l= 20m EN.

While I made a couple of new NG carriages, I have updated the excellent locos by Willem2 with permission to startup standards, like my aircraft I use the B key to start the loco and place a driver in the cab. Thanks Bill.

I like to add animation to the models, there is an animated aviary and fish pond, nice to see the fish swim around, and a few animated horses for the pony club.

Thanks again for your nice comments.

Ian

Last edited:
Ian,dino and others from the same class : you all belong in the hall of FAME of trainz.
Thank you all so much for all the gems and many assets that makes trainz what it is.
TOP NOTCH if that is a correct saying to show my appreciation.

Ning and Roy:wave:

Thank you Ian, I can't wait for the golf stuff, I really like adding golf courses to my routes

Your airport assets are awesome also, your work is very much appreciated!

Well that's brilliant and timely as I'm working on a route that features a Queensland sugar mill, so that's very much appreciated.

I concur with the above comments - and have started replacing a lot of things on my layout with Ian's new material.
The Bowling Green works very well. The pony club figures make a huge difference to my showground. The pelicans are priceless.
The winery, schoolhouse and the coffee van are also favourites

Thank you Ian.
One thing: could you please provide a little more detail on how to remove figures from some of your objects. Tried to in config, but got it wrong.
Cheers
NickE

Thanks for the nice comments, pleased they will get used.

NickE, you remove the effects container from the config, mistakes will occur if you do not have the correct matching brackest when finished, this is what typically has to be removed. Note there are two brackets at the end:

effects
{
figure0
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.figure0"
default-mesh <kuid2:60238:90906:1>
}

figure1
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.figure1"
default-mesh <kuid2:60238:90907:1>
}
}

For the swimming pool model, I mention in the config description that because it has a rectangular dighole, if you rotate it 90 degrees the dighole will not rotate, it then exposes holes at the sides and the ground fills in the pool ends. It is possible to fix it in Surveyor:

swimming.jpg

You can cover the dighole at the sides with building models or a spline. Picture above shows a paving spline, I made a new grass spline to suit, 10 metres wide from a screenshot of the grass in Trainz, based on the AJS 06 Green, kuid2:122285:1095:2, it is uploaded, when you texture the ground nearby in TS19 the texture tends to cover the spline, so raise it a little.

Grass Ground Texture Spline 10m wide <KUID2:60238:39096:1>

You need to make new digholes at the ends of the pool in Surveyor, use the 1 by 1 dighole kuid2:38408:28009:2. Note that you have to click on the center of a grid square to make it appear, and if you get it wrong, immediately undo, it is hard to remove dighole later.

Ian

if you rotate it 90 degrees the dighole will not rotate
For these situations I created two versions of the asset; one already on a 90 degrees angle. Next you can set the rotation step in the config so I put it on 180.
Just a suggestion of course :); I can't do most of the stuff you manage to produce.

Thanks ok, good suggestion,

I have swimmer animation in the model (they are not very good at doing tumble turns :) ) and I do not want to do the animation twice in two different directions, I can attach the animation export to an attachment point in the pool model, then just rotate the model and the point 90 degrees for the second model. I do this for my aircraft, and animations follow the base model.

Ian

Ian, out of curiosity, Is the Mill based on any particualr Mill? I was wondering if it is based on the Mackay mill (aka Racecourse) ?
thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks Ian - got it. The two brackets at the end threw me.
And again - thanks for all the wonderful assets you have given us.
Cheers
NickE

Most pictures of Queensland sugar mills are taken from a distance, I did a search and got the general feel to make a generic building, but could not find a lot of close up for fine detail. The model has to be a balance of what looks reasonable without trying to model all the pipework etc.

I based it on pictures from the Mackay, Ankerman, Pioneer and other mills. I keep folders of my research pictures I use for models, unfortunately I cannot find the one for the sugar mills to check, must have filed them under the wrong folder.

Ian

Thank you vey much, vulcan, for the amazing wealth of models you have recently reeased - there are so many of them that I can certainly use.

Ray

Thanks Ray, that is nice to hear.

I have been making models since Trainz was released, I keep a spreadsheet of the models and kuids so I do not duplicate, I see that there are over 3100 models listed since TRS2004 came out. Tafweb did a nice program DLS lister, so you could count the number of downloads of your models from the DLS. I used it to get an idea of popular models, but unfortunately since the DLS was remodelled a few years ago it no longer functions, if anyone can make similar.....

At that time I had a count of over 35 million, the most popular being a rowboat 250,000 (since updated) that someone perhaps used in a popular map. Now 1c for every download......:)

I had a request to do some golfing figures, and expanded that to a full range of golfing models, since there were few available:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?164224

Thanks again,
Ian

Back