Windows 11 is coming: What does it mean for Trainz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
big_b - That's the regular (optional) feature update being offered to Windows 10 users right now. It is NOT Windows 11.
However, looking at your system specs in your signature, seems your CPU and mobo will be Good to Go for the Next version of Windows.

Even Though Windows 11 is coming very soon, If Windows 11 will support on TS12, TANE Or TRS19. That Will Be Great! To Be Honest.

Even Though Windows 11 is coming very soon, If Windows 11 will support on TS12, TANE Or TRS19. That Will Be Great! To Be Honest.
I have TRS19 SP3 running just fine in Win 11 on my HP Z800 Xeon computer at the moment. I should load in my back up copies of TS2012 and TANE and see how they behave.

I've been using the DLC S&C route as my test route and to my eyes at least it does seem to be running more smoothly with better sound quality. There's been no crashing to desktop or any other stupid nonsense so far (touch wood).

My computer is running dual quad core Xeon CPUs, a GTX 1650 and 16Gb ECC PC3 RAM.

One needs to remember a lot of processors were not supported by Windows 10 originally, the only difference this time is Microsoft have put a couple more obstacles in the way, which look like they will be solvable either by MS backing down or by some of the large number of ingenious geeks out there. ;o)

I've now got my AMD rig replaced the Ryzen 5 1600 with a Ryzen 7 3800X (8 cores 16 threads) replaced the 16GB of 2133MHz ram with 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000Mhz and it is now flying and passes the Win11 tests.
The Intel rig does have TPM2 had to enable Intel Virtulisation before it appeared in the bios, was a guess as there is zero info on TPM in the manual and a blank space on the motherboard labled TPM but no header anyway enabled it and it's TPM2. Processor currently as it's a 6700K fails, if MS allow 7th generation processors the Z180P will take a gen 7 CPU but no rush on that.

A bit loathe to mess up my upgraded system just yet but I need something to play with Win11 on! Thought of getting a cheap laptop or a refurbished one but I'm not fond of laptops, so got a small Dell Inspiron 3881, i5 10400 6 cores, 256 GB M2 and a 1TB 7200 RPM HDD from Dell Outlet, have to wait a couple of weeks for it though, not intending to run Trainz on it! although I could stick either my GTX1060 or 970 in it as they are small enough to fit. Got a spare slot in my Custom desk setup that it will fit in vacated by an ancient Athlon Linux box with a dead motherboard, Gigabyte and leaking capacitors anyone?
Dell UK had got loads of refurbished stuff a few days ago and it was mostly 10th generation but it's going fast!

Windows 11 crashed a second time with the error : driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
[link removed]

Sorry to report that when I clicked your supplied link (silly of me I know) I was confronted with 3 very "unsuitable" images. This is a family forum after all. You may want to rethink your hosting service selection.

As to the Win 11 crash, that's the joy of using a beta OS that is at least 12 months out from release.

Sorry to report that when I clicked your supplied link (silly of me I know) I was confronted with 3 very "unsuitable" images. This is a family forum after all. You may want to rethink your hosting service selection.
Sorry about that. I have removed it and will use a different service, as I've never seen that before on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back