What's going on with Jointed Rail website?

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
For quite some time now, the JR site has either been totally down, or will allow a login then go down without letting a person log back out. Just tried it five minutes ago. Even a PING can't find it.

Does anyone know what's happening here?

Bill

Just tried again. It was up for almost ten minutes, then crashed once more. Now won't respond to a PING.

Bill

Works fine here.

I recommend clearing your temporary files and trying again. The site may have been down temporarily and you caught it at the wrong moment, and now the bad link is cached.

Any time I get a "bad link" message the first thing I do is clean the cache. Then I go to my other computer and try again. Every time, I get the same results. if the site is temporarily up, it get in, if not, I don't. What's bad is I might get lucky and log in to my account. When the site crashes, I'm left with no way to log back out. If it comes back soon enough, I might still be logged in, but not know it for some time. Not a good situation.

At this very moment, the site is up.

Bill

I had problems with the site on July 3rd,
the home page would load but subsequent pages timed out. Tried two browsers on the same PC.
I reported the issue to them, and around the same time I did an nslookup command against jointedrail.com using both my home server's DNS and also google's dns (8.8.8.8) shortly after that the site started working perfectly. I can't tell if the site was reset on their end or if the NSlookup somehow fixed/altered my local DNS cache.

4 days later still cant get on the site, continuously times out. at one point i got on long enough 2 purchase 2 csx sd70macs. but cant get back on the site to download them without the site timing out.... I tried all kinds of things on my end all commands and w.e else i can find. still same result.

every other page works and opens fine except jointed rail. any ideas?

Were looking into it but so far are coming up with blanks on the issue some of you keep experiencing. We cant replicate it, our hosting company cant see a thing wrong and were not seeing the problem.

Google brings back links for the main page, Freeware, Payware, Routes, Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Club Car. All of them come up immediately for me using Chrome or Edge browsers. May be a local ISP thing?

Were looking into it but so far are coming up with blanks on the issue some of you keep experiencing. We cant replicate it, our hosting company cant see a thing wrong and were not seeing the problem.

On a good day, I can get to your home page just fine. It is all complete and apparently functional. I click "Account" and use the Login dropdown. My login details appear (from the Firefox password cache) and I click "Login". Nothing happens after that. I go nowhere. The login popup appears again, properly filled in once more. The other top-menu items will NOT appear, nor will they drop down. I know I have NOT actually logged in because there is no entry for "Logout" in the Account dropdown.

It does this in Opera, Firefox, and Chrome.

When the entire site is missing (I get a timeout), I give PING a try and it will report timeouts also. Clearing the DNS cache doesn't help.

Bill

Back