This is a 'how to' q

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Especially for passenger services [consists] Using TRS19 latest build.

Lets say I have 2 x 4carr multiples [8car consist] arriving at a through station under AI control. The station diverges into two lines [Main & Branch]
What I wish to happen is that the first 4 carrs uncouple from the rear 4carrs. The first 4 going to the main line, the rear 4 going to the branch line. Under manual control this is easily achieved but under AI control I have no idea how to do!

Any suggestions welcomed.
Cheers,
Val.

Is the same train that pulled into the station taking the cars for the mainline train?

For the second train I assume it is probably waiting in a siding or shed, add a trigger where the first train comes and a track mark where the cars are going to set.

If so it would be something like this for the commands:
First AI Train
"Navigate to [Station name,Platform #]", "Load", "UncouplezFrom [5], "Navigate to [Station name, Platform #]"

Navigates to your station, loads passengers, uncouples from the 5th car use 6 if its a steam engine with tender, then navigate to the next destination of the main line.

For the train that's going to take the branch train can be like

"wait for trigger", "wait for x seconds/minutes", "couple at trackmark", "Navigate to [Station name, Platform #]"
Waits until the train arrives in the station to start its schedule, Set the wait time for how long it takes for the first train to load, uncouple and leave the station, then the AI will couple to the consist on the trackmark at the station, then continue on the branchline station or track mark.

Hey hert.
Partly right. The 8 carr pulls in to, say, platform 1 then divides into 2 separate consists. These trains are not loco hauled as such. Driving cabs at each end of the 4 carr consists.
I never thought of the 'wait for trigger' option. That might well be the answer. However, is not 'wait for trigger' rule a bit dodgy? I've read that somewhere on the forum it is 'buggy'.

I am not 100% sure about it being buggy. But you can have the second driver instead of couple at trackmark instead have it "Move to Train at Trackmark" instead to take control of the cars left behind. And if they are all cab/coaches then you want the uncouple command to be 4 as the lead unit is counted as 0.

Hi Val
This is a very easy trick to do as I have multiple uses of this in my routes. First, place a TM at each end of the platform plus one in the middle and name them (P1A,P1M AND P1B). Place some invisible track with a TM (SPD1) near the station and put a driveable car, truck, or male on it. This will hold the spare driver for the second half of the train.

Main train commands.
Drive to platform 1 (TM P1B)
Load
Uncouple from (or split from)
Post message (Todd 0)
Drive to (your next destinations)

Spare driver commands.
Wait for message and clear (Todd 0)
Move to train at TM (P1A)

When the train returns make sure that the spare driver arrives first.
Drive to platform 1 (P1M)
Load
Move to train at TM (SPD1)
Post message (Todd 1)

Main train.
Drive to TM (this will be a TM somewhere before the station where the train can wait until the spare driver has got off the train.
Wait for message and clear (Todd 1)
Couple at TM (P1B)

Last edited:
Well stagecoah, that about sums it up concisely. I was wondering about the 2nd driver and where he/she comes from. I will try this out and let you know how I go with it. Just one thing, what do you mean by 'post message'? Is this just something like "hey John get your backside over to that train!". As a random message to be posted/read/cleared.

"Post Message" and "Wait for message and clear" are driver commands on the DLS. They are old (2006) but still work as they should. You insert them into the driver schedule as shown in my earlier post. You can use any name as they are not linked to any one driver. As long as both commands use the same name and number. The spare train will wait until someone posts the message he is waiting for. He can use repeat commands to wait for the next train once he is back. Only the train that posts the message can activate the spare.

Cant do it..tried all ways suggested with no luck. Get as far as a decouple then get faced with issues. Might just forget that idea.

Back