Amazon Prime Day - Gaming PC deals

Of those two, the RX550 card is better but they are both low end cards so don't expect to run with all the settings at max.

William

Of those two, the RX550 card is better but they are both low end cards so don't expect to run with all the settings at max.

William

Thanks for looking for me. Exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for! Wont consider them if I can't run at max probably.

You're welcome. I'm shopping for a new PC too but the prices right now are crazy. I've seen boxes I was interested in go up $600 in the last three months.

Here is the best sub $1000 unit I have seen recently. Sadly it has gone up since this video.

https://youtu.be/cJqr1o97KYM

William

Any decent graphics card is just putting the price of a decent computer outta reach for most of us right now. I have an RTX 2070 which is worth more today USED than what I paid for it nearly 2 years ago.

I heard something in a video yesterday that shocked me but it does makes sense. It was mentioned that the shortage of graphic cards and therefore the high prices is due to crypto mining operations buying them all up. Anyone know if this is true?

William

I was told that shortages and issues with the production of processor chips have come about due to disruptions in the supply and manufacturing chains caused by COVID-19. Crypto miners wouldn't be helping the situation any though.

Just want to say to be careful buying prebuilt gaming PC's. Just go watch the plentiful video's on YouTube concerning PreBuilt Gaming Computers. Many come with a single stick of Ram instead of doing dual channel and Power supplies that barely meet min specs so any uprade means power supply upgrade. You can do better by building your own system. I'm a Mac guy who built a cheaper ($900 total with monitor & used GPU off eBay) Windows gamer in Oct 2018. After watching many of these videos I'm glad I went that route. At the least, be sure to know what you are getting in a pre-built and do a little research first. Shop ONLY where you can return and get refunds. Even big name retailers have prebuilds that are very bad systems.

Last edited:
I've only ever bought one PC all the others have been self builds, the bought one was a custom build which has been fine, number 2 PC is again a self build from a motherboard bundle bought for a ridiculously low price on the final day of Maplin's bankruptcy sale, the ram was crap so bought some better, the CPU only a Ryzen 5 1600 but it certainly worked well far better than I was expecting, failed the Win11 check on the CPU, however I discovered that with a bios update it will run generation 3 Ryzens, So ordered a Ryzen 7 3800X yesterday from Scan, was on offer and which arrived today was due tomorrow! Anyway just installed it and it does pass the Win11 test, not that I'm in any hurry to install Win11 just yet. It's that good that I've swapped the 1080TI in this PC for the 980TI in the AMD and put the 1080TI in the AMD, instant FPS increase in TRS19. The 980TI was originally in the i7 Machine. Gave both GPUs a good clean with the air can as well lot of fluff in the 1080TI that wasn't obvious before taking it out.

What does appear to be obvious is certain suppliers are selling new PC's with old hardware, there are people with supposedly two and three year old PC's finding they are failing on the CPU being too old.

Back