Headlight Issue.

ekeenan

For starters, how many locomotives in the Platinum Edition are from Jointed Rail? The SP SD45&SP SD40T-2 locomotives and the ATSF SD45?? I purchased three of the Dash 9 packs from the Trainz Store that have the Jointed Rail name all over it so there is no question there. The reason why I am asking is I came across an issue when the headlight is on, there is a small cone that extends part way from the headlight. All of the locomotives I mentioned above have this issue and since some of the above locomotives are from the Trainz Store, I am sure there is more. Were you already aware of it? I did file a bug report for this, but since this issue runs deep, I am not sure if any effort will be made to fix it. This is a minor cosmetic issue since you would have to look at the locomotive from the side to see it, but still?? The files are locked so I can't attempt to fix it. The only question is when did this issue start? I am guessing this issue did not exist in TANE, but may have started in TSR19.

I reported a previous bug some time ago that led me to the fact that this issue could very well be out of Joint Rail's hands, but does it have to be this way?

For starters, how many locomotives in the Platinum Edition are from Jointed Rail? The SP SD45&SP SD40T-2 locomotives and the ATSF SD45?? I purchased three of the Dash 9 packs from the Trainz Store that have the Jointed Rail name all over it so there is no question there. The reason why I am asking is I came across an issue when the headlight is on, there is a small cone that extends part way from the headlight. All of the locomotives I mentioned above have this issue and since some of the above locomotives are from the Trainz Store, I am sure there is more. Were you already aware of it? I did file a bug report for this, but since this issue runs deep, I am not sure if any effort will be made to fix it. This is a minor cosmetic issue since you would have to look at the locomotive from the side to see it, but still?? The files are locked so I can't attempt to fix it. The only question is when did this issue start? I am guessing this issue did not exist in TANE, but may have started in TSR19.

I reported a previous bug some time ago that led me to the fact that this issue could very well be out of Joint Rail's hands, but does it have to be this way?

This is just how they were made at the time and since then changes to the game engine have had an effect on how alpha blends work (yes TRS19). In the end, it isn't something I am going to chase after specifically because they are simply out of date. anything further will not have this problem though.

Would it help if I mentioned I found the solution. Locomotives from SRS had the same symptoms and since they are not locked, I was able to fix it. Turns out that in the effects section, "surveyor-only 1" is needed. this can only be used for KIND attachments. The visible cone is now gone in driver mode and the headlights look so much better. Its possible this was not needed at one point, but now it is. Jointed Rail locomotives are more than likely using the same process. The easiest solution at this point would be fix it, but since there is no access, I will update my bug report with the solution.

effects
{
beam1
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.lightbeam1"
default-mesh <kuid:461273:100223>
surveyor-only 1
}

beam2
{
kind "attachment"
att "a.lightbeam2"
default-mesh <kuid:461273:100223>
surveyor-only 1
}
}

Edit: Since the fix does not appear to be a game engine issue, would it be possible for Jointed Rail to help with the fix? When I look at the original pricing without the sale, I think it would be worth it. I never purchased from the Jointed Rail site, but do you know if the same category locomotives have the same issue?

Last edited:
Back