Built-in, Newer version available

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
When I check for "Out of Date" assets, I see this, yet the "Download" or even the "Download this version" in the context menu is grayed-out. How do these items get updated?

Bill

Any asset that is built-in (or Payware) and is flagged as having a newer version available has to be downloaded by first selecting the "List Asset Versions" option in the popup menu. Then, from the resulting list, select the latest "Available for download" version and download that.

See the Wiki page How to Update Assets for the finer details.

Last edited:
Stagecoach is right. There is a TANE Assets that need downloading from the Store. I did that while I was eating dinner.

Bill

i have downloaded several of the newer versions in the DLS and lost the asset. be careful.
ejb

i have downloaded several of the newer versions in the DLS and lost the asset. be careful.
ejb
Possibly because the asset has been renamed, I noticed that while updating some assets yesterday. You can check to make certain they haven't "disappeared" by running the TODAY filter in CM.

Assets can also be updated with a new kuid number (and not just by incrementing the ":x" at the end) as well as a new name.

Back