finite control of height

justinroth

New to 2019 question - holding down shift allows height adjustments in increments of .05 meters but the object keeps jumping up and down like it's trying to snap to something? Also, holding down ctrl doesn't seem to allow any finer adjustment?

Yes, there is a bit of "jerkiness" in the vertical movements of an object when using the height button and a modifier key. Don't know what is doing this and cannot recall if it has always been the case or not (but suspect not).

Holding down the Ctrl key gives height adjustments of +/- 0.1m.

Yes, there is a bit of "jerkiness" in the vertical movements of an object when using the height button and a modifier key. Don't know what is doing this and cannot recall if it has always been the case or not (but suspect not).

Holding down the Ctrl key gives height adjustments of +/- 0.1m.

I think what might be going on is Ctrl has to be pressed either prior to moving the mouse or afterwards, one of those but it seems to make a difference that "handles" differently than TANE.

Is it happening with all scenery objects or just some? The description reminds me of the jerkiness seen when placing or moving objects with a “scale” range in their configuration, such as recent-build rocks and speedtrees. It’s a cheap way of ensuring some random size variations in such objects.

I recall that it is a bug, and at some point N3V said they were looking into it. Certainly this did not happen before SP3

Yeah that's a bug (or 'feature') with SP3 and it happens to all scenery items. When a fix will be out will probably be somewhere between August and December (going by the previous release schedules for updates - things can change).

cheers

New to 2019 question - holding down shift allows height adjustments in increments of .05 meters but the object keeps jumping up and down like it's trying to snap to something? Also, holding down ctrl doesn't seem to allow any finer adjustment?

What is the KUID and name of the asset?

Are you using a wireless mouse or a wired one?

I have more control with my wired mouse than I do with the wireless one.

Are you using a wireless mouse or a wired one?

I have more control with my wired mouse than I do with the wireless one.

I use a wired gaming mouse and I've tweaked every setting I can, it's definitely the sim, not the mouse. Every asset wants to jump to whole meters irrespective of 'shift' or 'ctrl'. I can eventually get the object where I want it, but compared to the flawless adjustment in previous versions (up to TS10 anyway) it's a frustrating struggle every time....

I use a wired gaming mouse and I've tweaked every setting I can, it's definitely the sim, not the mouse. Every asset wants to jump to whole meters irrespective of 'shift' or 'ctrl'. I can eventually get the object where I want it, but compared to the flawless adjustment in previous versions (up to TS10 anyway) it's a frustrating struggle every time....

Thanks... I just confirmed that as well so the behavior I saw was totally random!

I agree it's not like it was previously. N3V is aware of that so hopefully this will be repaired in the next service pack.

The Height tool would be great if there were a simple text box that allows us to enter the desired height (just like that of the track vertices--get/set height).

Bill

Back