Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad - Model Trainz graphic glitch.

ekeenan

Taking advantage of the sale, I decided to purchase the Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad - Model Trainz route. It is a nice route, but I noticed a not so good graphic glitch when in Surveyor mode. This issue is not present in Driver mode. I currently have the Platinum Edition 105100. I never updated yet due to the SP issues. This route is suppose to be TRS19 compatible so is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks,

Edward.

Edit: I did find out that Philskene came out with an update on the download station for this route, but it still would be great if this glitch can be corrected since the original version that was purchased is being sold.

Last edited:
If the glitch is in session editing, that the screen is darker than you think it should be, then Edit Environment and click the reset button. If not what is the glitch?

I am beginning to wonder if the glitch is just for me. My best guess is possible texture z-fighting or z-clipping. This issue can't be missed if this is the norm with this route. This involves almost all of the cobblestone texture which by the way is builtin and the model railroad flooring.

Edit: I just reset the lighting and problem solved. An odd issue that was fixable. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
I know that resetting the lighting fixes this, but the fix is only for each session. How would I make this fix permanent on the route level?

I know that resetting the lighting fixes this, but the fix is only for each session. How would I make this fix permanent on the route level?

I believe that you set this in the Session level, as it will override the Route level. If someone knows a better answer, I'd love to know it.

Its been a while since working with Trainz, but I made a copy of the original route then proceeded to make a copy of the original sessions to be used with the new copy of the route. This was done by modifying the map kuid to match the copy of the route. With this in mind, I believe they should update the route that is being sold because the issue is not a matter of the screen being too dark or light. The issue still comes up briefly when initiating a driving session, but at least the session editing process is fixed.

Ed --

I am away in Outback Australia so there is not much I can do at the moment. There are TRS19 updates of both the layout and sessions on the Download Station.

Phil

Back